• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It might be silly, but I’ve got an infatuation with 32acp pistols. I’ve got a couple compacts in a Cz50 and a Zastava 70. Thoughts on going larger frame? Poking around the four that catch my eye are a PP (probably not a PPK), though that’s not really any bigger than my Cz50. Though I do want one some day. Next up is a Cz83 in .32apc (I’ve got an 82 in 9x18 and love it). Other thought is a Beretta 81.

Last one is a Vz61 skorpion (sadly a newer semi auto). Not exactly what I mean by a full size pistol. But I’d like one.

Anyway, thoughts? Especially taking in to account mag availability. Are 32acp Cz83 magazines easy to find? Seems like Beretta 81 mags aren’t cheap, but aren’t hard to find (still made it seems?). I realize no one really makes a true full size 32acp. But closer would be nice.

What about something old? Savage 1907? Never looked up close on one. Any other WWI vintage stuff that might count and be full size?

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    The Colt 1903 and Savage 1907 are more midsized .32ACP pistols. The Colts are really nice to shoot.

Here are a few pictures of three 32ACPs and a Glock 29 for scale.
    Top Row
    Colt 1903 - Glock 29

Bottom Row
    Savage 1907 - Beretta Tomcat

Attachments

• 32s.jpg
      32s.jpg
      67 KB · Views: 488
    Last edited:

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    At the opposite side of the scale, I'm looking to buy a Seacamp in 32 ACP if anyone is looking to sell one.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    CZ27, CZ50, Walther PP, Remington 51 (the original one), Beretta 81, Mauser HSc, Sauer 38h, Astra 300, Franz Stock, in addition to those mentioned above. None are particularly large, but most are reasonably sized. Pistols like the Mauser 1934, PPK, FN1900 and 1910, Steyr 1909/34 and the like are smaller.

The Remington and Savage pistols are noteworthy for their ergonomics. I think the Savage was the first with a staggered-box magazine.

It's American Independence Day. Buy one of the above with your C&R, and stick it to Frosh and the MD GA.

Jul 1, 2012
    Often overlooked is the Femaru Model 37 but the ones in .32 ACP were Luftwaffe contract and they run close to $1k now.
    But it's a nice hefty chunk of well-machined metal and probably the heaviest in the class.

Also Star SI which are still pretty cheap.

FN 1922 is ok, I didn't think it was all that interesting to shoot but they are interesting to collect.

As mentioned, the best bet for the money is a Colt 1903 Model M (hammerless).
    Many out there, plenty of parts and mags, relatively easy to work on, and a strong pistol.
    The only real drawback is the tiny sights.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    That was my impression of the FN 1922 as well, and it had the thick wood grips on it.
    Just feels "small".

Yeah. I normally cant reach the controls on a lot of pistols but on the 1922 i was reaching past them. The main thing i remember was i had to turn it in my hand to get some more trigger finger distance so i wasnt pulling the trigger with my knuckle

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Right now, you can get a Beretta 81 for under $300. The day the surplus runs out, they'll go to $450. So I'd start there. Otherwise, everybody else has provided a lot of good advice. The .32ACP was a common police round in Europe, so there's a lot of C&R stuff out on the market...especially since the Germans had the pleasant habit of issuing everybody in uniform a pistol.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Right now, you can get a Beretta 81 for under $300. The day the surplus runs out, they'll go to $450. So I'd start there. Otherwise, everybody else has provided a lot of good advice. The .32ACP was a common police round in Europe, so there's a lot of C&R stuff out on the market...especially since the Germans had the pleasant habit of issuing everybody in uniform a pistol.

That's why I bought two. Put them away for later

Looking at the 85 but they're another 100 bucks or so

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So it’s sounding like a 1903 pocket hammerless is a great midsized option. Am I right in saying it’s about Cz50/Walther PP in size?

Beretta 81 or Cz83 in 32acp sound like the best options in close to full size pistols. Might try to track down an 81. Though it seems like mags are scarce and also hrs to get in MD (not like 32 mags for an 83 would be easy to source either).

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    So it’s sounding like a 1903 pocket hammerless is a great midsized option. Am I right in saying it’s about Cz50/Walther PP in size?

Beretta 81 or Cz83 in 32acp sound like the best options in close to full size pistols. Might try to track down an 81. Though it seems like mags are scarce and also hrs to get in MD (not like 32 mags for an 83 would be easy to source either).

I got mine from IP DK Firearms. I believe they are now sold out though, this was 2 months ago or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom