• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Good point. Does having multiple clips spread the weight out any, or does that not make a difference?

Echo6mike, going mobile...
    I've never noticed the difference. I don't think so. I just think it's the mechanism that allows for the adjustable cant.
    They are a terrible pain in the ass to take off and try to put back in.
    I like to be able to take it off while sitting in the car and throwing it back on when getting out.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    If you are not sure what you want, perhaps try the alien gear kit. I got one for my shield to try different methods for concealed carry. They have made improvements to the kit including material. I settled on the two loops IWB on my hip. It keeps it secure in position and it doesn't move around. It is difficult to see and easy to draw. One thing I do like about the alien gear is its adjustability. I can add a thumb lock or adjust tension. Adjust height and cant. There are detractors to them, but they are decent entry for concealed carry and allow you to adjust things until you figure out exactly what you want.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If you are not sure what you want, perhaps try the alien gear kit. I got one for my shield to try different methods for concealed carry. They have made improvements to the kit including material. I settled on the two loops IWB on my hip. It keeps it secure in position and it doesn't move around. It is difficult to see and easy to draw. One thing I do like about the alien gear is its adjustability. I can add a thumb lock or adjust tension. Adjust height and cant. There are detractors to them, but they are decent entry for concealed carry and allow you to adjust things until you figure out exactly what you want.
    Do you carry everyday?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I dont currently leave my house everyday, but when I do leave, I do. Why?
    Because all that alien gear contraption stuff would be a pain in the ass, all day, everyday carrying. There's just no slipping it on and off easily when needed.
    I don't know what the allure is.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I'm still gonna say crossbreed. They have a trial period and even have a second hand site that you can get a good holster at a great price. I have Velcro on my clips so it's behind my belt. I don't take mine off and on once out though, if you looking for that one of their other models might be a better ......... fit:D

TD

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Because all that alien gear contraption stuff would be a pain in the ass, all day, everyday carrying. There's just no slipping it on and off easily when needed.
    I don't know what the allure is.

The modulability. They have multiple belt loop clips that can make it easier. I use the J clips, I think they are called. In and out. You can make it a paddle just like the one you suggested. It can be OWB, IWB, etc. Pretty much every setup there is. It's a good setup for figuring out what you like. Which is why I originally bought it. I still use it for my Shield. As I started wearing it I started making adjustments that I couldnt make with other holsters. I had bought several and nothing really worked well for me. Is it the best one in the world? I dont know. But its decent and allowed me to figure out what I liked.

When I carry, I dont like taking my holster in and out. I then have to readjust my belt. I just leave the hoster on.

I wish there was a place I could go and try on holsters with my firearm to figure out what I wanted before I bought it. But as far as I know, that place doesnt exist. The alien gear was the next best thing.

I also havent been carrying for along time. Only about the last year. At first I felt weird carrying. Now its natural. Especially after I got my holster adjusted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom