• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    They had it looking pretty good compared to what it was before if I'm honest. Replaced a lot of timber and conveyor mat, doubled up the steel plate, redid the berm/backstop and the timbers on it.

They did a fair amount of work to get it looking respectable again, sh*t's getting old - by that I mean the :asshat:'s tearing the place up.

oh i know. but more and more are just finding the place recently. and most are asshats.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Ohh so true, I'm making it a goal to drive the asshats out of MG. Want to be stupid and unsafe, go to Maryland Small Arms - they're used to it.

Think a lot of those asshats wouldn't come back if we could get DNR officers down there more often, or just badges in general.

I just don't want to lose one of the few ranges I have available to me, I'll be damned if I let other people screw things up for me and the other's I shoot with.

pingrr

Dec 7, 2011
    How busy is the range typically? do you usually have to wait very long to get a lane?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Weekdays is the only time I will go. Weekends with nice weather, expect to wait at least half an hour and sometimes more.

^This

Weekdays are the best bet, if it's ball-bustingly cold on the weekends, then you have a good shot at having the range almost to yourself.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    yeah, should be g2g.

chris - that is one thing we BOTH agree on! The past week or so has been cold enough to where MG has been nearly deserted at times, which doesn't hurt my feelings a bit. :D

Huckleberry43

Apr 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Thanks for the information on the ranges. I just moved here from Colorado (been here almost a year, but have been "gun shy" so to speak about going to ranges. Whats a range pass? I never needed one in Colorado.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Got to pay to play at Myrtle Grove - no pass, no bang-bang.
    $20 yearly pass for use of the range.
    $5 day pass is available.
    Or $250 fine (per person) if caught on range with no permit.

Welcome to MD, check your common sense at the state line.

SMPress

Apr 24, 2009
    Charles County
    I was there yesterday, Wednesday, and there was a full house, 2 or 3 times there was a short wait for new shooters. Still, had a great day, and cant wait to get back out again...

Huckleberry43

Apr 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Got to pay to play at Myrtle Grove - no pass, no bang-bang.
    $20 yearly pass for use of the range.
    $5 day pass is available.

Or $250 fine (per person) if caught on range with no permit.

Welcome to MD, check your common sense at the state line.

How do I get a pass? Is that available at the range?

Thanks for the welcome, I'm shell-shocked by these insane gun laws. I've been itching to go shooting though. I know its legal to shoot on my property in Calvert, as long as I'm 150 yards away from a house (at least from what I've read on the State's website) but I prefer a real RANGE.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    How do I get a pass? Is that available at the range?

Thanks for the welcome, I'm shell-shocked by these insane gun laws. I've been itching to go shooting though. I know its legal to shoot on my property in Calvert, as long as I'm 150 yards away from a house (at least from what I've read on the State's website) but I prefer a real RANGE.

Any store that sells the Maryland hunting license an sell you a range pass. You can buy a range pass at the range or go online to the DNR web

Welcome to the forum. If you are interested in an indoor range, contact me for a tour of the St. Charles Sportsman's club range.

SMPress

Apr 24, 2009
    Charles County
    I thought the St Charles range was closing down. Or was that just the outdoor range there? I had once looked to join, but saw something about problems and the range closing, and didnt want to spend the money. Are things stable there? I may be interested in looking to join once more...

IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia
    IMO, the easiest way to get a yearly pass to MG is to go to the MD DNR's website. You can pay online with a credit card and print out the pass right then. Takes 5 minutes, tops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom