• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D2nds

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    Glock 23! I also have a 17 and i like it and will be getting a 27 very soon!

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    My favorite is the Glock 17 if I carried for a living maybe a sig.

glock_kaboom_photo.jpg

I have to say this is reload damage. Probably a ruptured case at the unsupported area of the feedramp.and it also blew out the magazine. Must have hurt.

Anywhere you go on the internet you can find a kaboom even 1911's

D2nds

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    Anyone heard anything about Glocks being backordered from their distrubuters I was told they were backordered with unknown ETA times!

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Favs are the:

G19
    G30
    G26
    G17
    In that order. All 3rd Gen. Have fired 2nd Gen G17 and also 3rd Gen 22 and 23. Not as much a fan of those.

actionpistolshooter

Nov 11, 2009
    Dunkirk, MD
    IIRC the 17L has a longer barrel (6.02") and will not fit in the IDPA box. The 34 has a shorter barrel and will fit.

Yes. The G17L is the same as a G34 except for the barrel / slide length, i.e., 6.02". The G24 is the same as a G35 but with the 6.02 barrel / slide.

I have a G35 and G24, both are excellent guns and it would be hard for me to pick one over the other. I got them both as game guns (IDPA and USPSA) and they each fill a specific need. If were to buy another it would be G34 but I have an M&P Pro 9mm (I bought it instead of a G34) so its not needed.

As a defensive gun they have long developmental history that has been exploited to make a very reliable gun. The design has evolved and gotten better but dependent of the need, others might be better suited to different applications.

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Yes. The G17L is the same as a G34 except for the barrel / slide length, i.e., 6.02". The G24 is the same as a G35 but with the 6.02 barrel / slide.

I have a G35 and G24, both are excellent guns and it would be hard for me to pick one over the other. I got them both as game guns (IDPA and USPSA) and they each fill a specific need. If were to buy another it would be G34 but I have an M&P Pro 9mm (I bought it instead of a G34) so its not needed.

As a defensive gun they have long developmental history that has been exploited to make a very reliable gun. The design has evolved and gotten better but dependent of the need, others might be better suited to different applications.

It would be nice if Glock brought back the G24. Hard to find now a days. I already have a G22 and G35 and my next one is the G23.

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    They're all pretty much the same gun. You're arguing calibers, essentially. :D

I'll tell you what's a neat gun to shoot...the G34 with a ported/compensated barrel. The recoil is basically not there! You can stay on-target like you were firing a toy/airsoft gun.

As for my favorite Glock...it'd have to be the DOBLE GLACK!!

This needs to be moved to the "WTF" thread.
    As far as my favorite Glock is concerned, of the ones I owned (and haven't sold) the 19 is my choice of Blocks.
    I PREFER 1911's. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom