• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    GSG-1911

/thread

Not necessarily. I'm kinda ocd with my. 22s. I like them to be steel (yet I can deal with flocks and m&PS with no issues) then add to the fact its a 1911, and I get an eye twitch. To me all the over the shelf 1911 .22s are a cheap compromise. I would either have a Smith build up a lower and put a marvel or tac-sol upper on it. Either that or look at the new RIA when it comes out

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    GSG-1911

/thread

+12

I just got one and really really enjoy shooting it. I've fired many different .22 handguns and in general was always kind of meh... after shooting them. However, I was smiling ear to ear after shooting the GSG1911, once I get my suppressor mated up to it, it'll be even better.

I can't really see having a smith build up a .22 unless you compete with it. .22lr is a "fun" round and spending uberbucks really sucks a lot of the fun away.

If you want a FUN gun that can be used with a suppressor and shoots straight, I recommend the GSG highly.

-Jim

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    +12

I can't really see having a smith build up a .22 unless you compete with it. .22lr is a "fun" round and spending uberbucks really sucks a lot of the fun away.

-Jim

So, an Anschutz or H&R M12 at 100 or 200 yards , or S&W 41at 50 yards isn't "fun"? A quality. 22 can last several lifetimes. IMO, it should be made to last. The GSG isn't. I'm at a point in my life where I'd rather buy once and cry once. At the very least, wait for the new RIA comes out. All Steel, 15 shots, and from a company with a good record when it comes to standing behind their products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom