• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Three years ago, the cost of 100 rounds of .40 cal, was $14.95....now it's $28.95. :(

Fuel and metal costs have gone up. Some employees have gotten cost of living increases as well. Also, was this before the election? Early or late 2008?

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    I spoke with the guy in Abingdon one day and he says that other retailers come buy up their stock for resale at their own store, probably at a higher price. He says they get used to selling to regulars, but know who the retail hoarders are. Don't know if its true, but sounded plausible. Stock is much better here than ever.

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    I just got home from my Walmart Run. Picked up 1,000 rounds of .40 at the new Fallston location. It was a younger guy there. He didn't give me any grief about asking for that amount and he asked for ID but I don't think his eyes ever left the computer screen when I went to show him. Didn't pay much attention to what else they had in stock. I know they didn't have much in the way of 9mm or .223

I held my hand over my ID so the cameras in the ceiling couldn't get a good shot of it :tinfoil:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    just bought 5 boxes of 115gr fmj and 1 box 124 gr FMJ RMS at Wally in aberdeen. They have Federal 115gr for less then 10.50 per box of 50 which is cheaper per 100 than the winchester 100 rd boxes I usually buy.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I used to be able to find 223 100 pack federal ammo at my local Walmart but haven't seen it in a long time. If anyone spots any please let me know.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ITG

Jan 26, 2011
    Frederick County
    I used to live a few miles from there and was never told I couldn't buy as much as I wanted. They use to keep a pretty good inventory too.

mtb

May 24, 2011
    The Columbia Walmart has no limit. But they rarely have the ammo I'm looking for either. Arundle Mills usually has it though.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I used to be able to find 223 100 pack federal ammo at my local Walmart but haven't seen it in a long time. If anyone spots any please let me know.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Walmart on Quarterfield Rd in Glen Burnie had a few today. I bought one box at $39 and some change, there were maybe 4-5 boxes left. Yeah I hadn't seen these Fed value packs there in about a year.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Walmart on Quarterfield Rd in Glen Burnie had a few today. I bought one box at $39 and some change, there were maybe 4-5 boxes left. Yeah I hadn't seen these Fed value packs there in about a year.

I was there today for .40 and 9mm, and was not disappointed.

Didn't think at the time to look for other items, as I was just looking to replace the morning's shoot.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    I went to the Dundalk WM today. Got (last)two 100 rd boxes of Winchester 380, and 3 boxes of 9mm. Completely out of 45 ACP.
    :(

The guy told me they had a 6 box limit.

I had them call Whitemarsh for me and all they had were hollow points in boxes of 20. That's fine for around the house, but I was looking for range stuff.

The lady working there was busy, busy she was nice enough to call one place, and I didn't want to monopolize her time.

I drove out to Carroll Island, but they just had the same thing.

Came home, said screw it, and bought 1000 rds on line!

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Thanks for the info. I will swing by there tomorrow and see if they have any left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom