• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdm4540

May 13, 2011
    I took an old shotgun there to sell it. The old guy was kinda ignorant. "Just because its old doesn't mean its worth anything" he told me. He offered $100. I asked him if the guns ever go on sale cause they looked kind of expensive. He said no, we offer the lowest prices around and they don't go on sale because of that. I took the shotgun over to The Gun Shop right after that and was offered more than 3x the amount and the XDM was over $100 cheaper. Needless to say I'll never go back to Just Guns. Place should be called "Just Attitudes".

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I took an old shotgun there to sell it. The old guy was kinda ignorant. "Just because its old doesn't mean its worth anything" he told me. He offered $100. I asked him if the guns ever go on sale cause they looked kind of expensive. He said no, we offer the lowest prices around and they don't go on sale because of that. I took the shotgun over to The Gun Shop right after that and was offered more than 3x the amount and the XDM was over $100 cheaper. Needless to say I'll never go back to Just Guns. Place should be called "Just Attitudes".

:goodpost:

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I've dealt with all the fore mentioned shops over the years and The Gun Shop gets my vote. Super friendly people and the best prices around hands down. Will do transfers for members of MD Shooters for $35. Christian Soldier needs to break down and hire some help. Gone in there too many times and stood around for 20-30 min trying to get some help and by the time he gets to you he's in a hurry to close. Duffys-way to high. Just Guns will rip you off any chance they get in my opinion.

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    I collect WW2 firearms and their game for everything is this gun is rare because of the rare serial # what a bunch of s@#t.There are some instances where that is true.I have been in there about 15 times nd heard the same song and dance about every gun I have asked to see.And yes their prices are high.

sigman

May 10, 2011
    I have used Christian Soldier before and always had good luck. They go out of their way to help. Their hours are a little strange because he works full time as, I believe a paid fireman. He has pretty good stock.

Just Guns may have more guns, but not as friendly.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD

THe Gun Shop treats the customer fair especially on buying used guns. They will work with you on special orders.

The prices are the lowest around town too!

doc64

C&R Collector
    Sep 29, 2010
    Raspeburg MD
    my wife's bought her 38 from just guns.
    it was her first gun and first time in a gun store.
    they would not sell her any ammo for it.
    i wanted a keltec 2000 9mm(glock).
    they said they did not have one and NO one could get me one.
    they wanted to sell me a keltec2000 .40s&w for 450.
    i called around the state and that how i found the gun shop in essex.
    they ordered the gun straight from keltec and it cost me only 299.
    i and my wife loved the gun shop os much she bought her glock 17L(ported)nib from them.
    we will never go back to just guns again.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    my wife's bought her 38 from just guns.
    it was her first gun and first time in a gun store.
    they would not sell her any ammo for it.
    i wanted a keltec 2000 9mm(glock).
    they said they did not have one and NO one could get me one.
    they wanted to sell me a keltec2000 .40s&w for 450.
    i called around the state and that how i found the gun shop in essex.
    they ordered the gun straight from keltec and it cost me only 299.
    i and my wife loved the gun shop os much she bought her glock 17L(ported)nib from them.
    we will never go back to just guns again.

i think i sold you that keltec!

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    I have not set foot in Just Guns so I can't comment on their business practices. I have been in the location when it was Valley Gun and I can agree with everyone here that had a bad experience there. One time I went in there to purchase a new firearm after receiving a tax refund. After browsing for a while I was told by one of the counter people that If I wasn't going to buy anything I had to leave. So I did, and spent that money the following Saturday at The Christian Soldier.

The kicker for me and the reason that I gave up on Valley was that I was told that I had to sign a log book for pistol ammo. When I questioned the guy behind the counter as to why this was required (since there is not a law in Baltimore County that dictates that ammo must be logged) the reply was that the ammo log was done at the request of Baltimore County Police. Some NRA rep Abrams was. I glad that ass went belly up.

I have heard that the building is owned and leased by the Abrams family. If so I will not do business there. I will not do anything that will put money in Sandy Abrams' pocket.

surplusfan

Feb 2, 2009
    PA
    What was the full story regarding Sandy Abrams?

I've only heard bits and pieces of it over the years...Anyone????

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    I used to work with Bob's wife. The family story is very sad, and in no small part self-induced.

D2nds

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    Just guns will rip you off if your not knowledgable about whatever your buying! Although i have gotten a good deal there once when they had a sale but other then that their prices are also high.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I've only heard bits and pieces of it over the years...Anyone????

Google his name and "guns". You'll get what the story is. Allegedly he sold some guns to a guy, who at the time was a convicted felon, and the guy got into an altercation with Balto Co Police and ended up getting shot dead. The state investigate the background of the firearm purchases at Valley guns and discovered that the sales were not reported to the state.

Articles say that Abrams copped a plea and received a 5 year suspended sentence and 1 year probation.

Just found this:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=3067&highlight=sandy+abrams

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Google his name and "guns". You'll get what the story is. Allegedly he sold some guns to a guy, who at the time was a convicted felon, and the guy got into an altercation with Balto Co Police and ended up getting shot dead. The state investigate the background of the firearm purchases at Valley guns and discovered that the sales were not reported to the state.

Articles say that Abrams copped a plea and received a 5 year suspended sentence and 1 year probation.

Just found this:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=3067&highlight=sandy+abrams

There are numerous details that were not covered in reported matter (TV, radio, newspaper, news articles, interwebs, etc.) as the liberal controlled media edits and misconstrues their reporting to reflect THEIR agenda and not necessarilly that of the story. I'll be getting back to this in the evening when I have the time to do so.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Re Sandy Abrams: that is not the story I'm talking about. A year ago or so there was an article in Tripwire that said while he seemed to be working on behalf of all gun owners, he was throwing them under the bus on certain things. I'm not going to pretend I remember the details, just that he was not always as he appeared. Maybe someone here can access back issues of Tripwire for clarification.

adodson

Jun 12, 2007
    Towson, MD
    As many of you know, I am an employee of a local shop. But, I am a shooter first. I have no personal vested interest in the shop I work for. So, now that that is out of the way...

I went into Just Guns once and was treated very respectfully. I went in just to look around. They said hello and asked if they could help me with anything. I told them that I was meeting my wife across the street and just wanted to take a look around since I hadn't been in the shop since the days of Valley. They told me to let them know if I needed any help or had any questions.

I have a young face (which is usually met with discontent in the gun world), but I probably have more real-world knowledge about this stuff than most of the old-timers - so I am used to being treated with a bit of "coldness" when I go into a gun store. That being said, I always present myself in a polite and professional matter and, wouldn't you know it... I get treated the same way.

Remember what Newton said - for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom