• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    I put the night sites on as a novelty. For home defense I use something a little bigger, my Benelli.

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    I put the night sites on as a novelty. For home defense I use something a little bigger, my Benelli.

I figured as much.

Are there really no other DE's on here??? I'm surprised. Not too much really due to the cost, but I'd figure with all the Zombie hunters on here, you'd want to have something that would REALLY wax their a$$ and not have to worry about it.

I wouldn't mind spending the $800 or so $'s to get a 50AE barrel and mag so I would have both calibers, but the price of brass these days makes that idea mute (that was my original plan, for fun)

Roos85

May 15, 2011
    Moco, MD
    Just my contribution of some I had on my computer that I love...

custom-desert-eagle-guns.jpg

Customdeserteagletigerstriped.jpg

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    The 50AE is pretty much just to burn cash. If you have it, go for it. I have shot every DE in every config they have, with 13in barrels, reflex sights, 50AE with breaks, ect. (a rich guy used to bring 5-6 with him to the range I went to in Southern Cal. when I was growing up and would let me shoot them since I always brought my Dad's .44 DE and S&W 686 6" and did decent with them.
    The 50AE doesn't have that much more kick and isn't any more fun to shoot than the 44. Considering the cost of brass nowadays, it is just for bragging rights, which I am cool with too, just not willing to pay for yet. I can do it very easily though with a barrel and mag. addition in this gun since the bolt and gun are setup for the .50AE, so adding it in the future isn't a big deal.
    I bought the .44 to be a shooter though, and it is, I have yet to go to the range and not bring it. Something about shooting it that brings a smile to my face REGARDLESS of what is going on in my life.
    You can bet your A%% I'll be going to the range this week if I can find a baby sitter, too much stress going on!

My AR is chambered for 50AE-so I'm familiar with the costs (unfortunately). I think they would be a fun range combo-plus I want to take the carbine hog hunting ;)
    I can shoot under 2moa at 100yds with the sights on the carry handle. The hand-reamed Pac-Nor match barrel definitely makes a difference there :D

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    My AR is chambered for 50AE-so I'm familiar with the costs (unfortunately). I think they would be a fun range combo-plus I want to take the carbine hog hunting ;)
    I can shoot under 2moa at 100yds with the sights on the carry handle. The hand-reamed Pac-Nor match barrel definitely makes a difference there :D

That sounds like some fun. I've never heard of the 50AE in anything other than a DE or custom gun. An AR in 50AE sounds like fun!
    I remember when a box of 50AE was $30-$40, it wasn't so bad then. I also remember paying $15 for .44mag too. This $33 a box stuff is getting old quick.

Got any pics of that bad boy?

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    That sounds like some fun. I've never heard of the 50AE in anything other than a DE or custom gun. An AR in 50AE sounds like fun!
    I remember when a box of 50AE was $30-$40, it wasn't so bad then. I also remember paying $15 for .44mag too. This $33 a box stuff is getting old quick.

Got any pics of that bad boy?

There's a bad cell phone pic of it buried somewhere in the AR picture thread.
    It's a Tromix Sledgehammer. Years before he'd become synonymous with the S-12, Tony at Tromix started out his business by building AR's-specializing in big-bore. It's a pretty rare rifle and is also on one of ~400 Tromix lowers that were made. I also own the next-to-last TR-15 ever made (Tromix version of an AR15). Tony kept the last one for himself ;)

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    Whats up guys?

Got a picture of my .50 AE right here. It's a lot of fun to shoot. It's been a rocky start so far being a lefty.

DesertEagle2.jpg

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    Whats up guys?

Got a picture of my .50 AE right here. It's a lot of fun to shoot. It's been a rocky start so far being a lefty.

Sweet! The only two DE's on here so far and we're both lefties.
    Why the issue shooting lefty? Never been a issue for me, but I've never been given the chance to shoot otherwise, including in the military that didn't give a rat's ass. :D

Nice pistol! Where do you shoot it at?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom