• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fyshbum

Jun 25, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Go to Bobs Sunoco in Calloway! Great, by the book service on transfers!

+1 for Bobs. Bob and Jim are great to work with. I am helping them build up their reloading supplies. They are now offering reloading classes as well.

FB

Fyshbum

Jun 25, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    For what ir is worth. I used to run up to Jim at Angus McGregors for my transfers. He can be a little "touchy", but is generally a pretty good guy. His inventory prices are quit high though.

I have stayed local since Bob got his FFL. He is much easier to deal with, and has the best prices at 30 per non regulated, 50 per regulated, plus ten for the State Police. If I remember correctly. I haven't transfered anything in over a year.

He has a large supply of autos and wheelguns, including single actions instock, and just DROPPED prices. Not may places doing that lately!!

MattWasHere

New guy
    Dec 5, 2012
    St Mary's
    I've used Nick Cromwell at cromwellsfirearms.com for the past 7 years. He is in Lexington Park (see his web site for contact info). He has great prices always.

I had a friend recommend Nick to me last week. Got a quick response and he seems like a good dude. And his prices look great as well, just saw the website this morning.

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    Not Accurate Guns and Ammo. $100 transfer fee for regulated firearms :mad:. Found out the hard way. Didn't do my research first.

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    It's a shame. Mark is good people, but I'm not paying that much for a transfer.

Yes he is. Everyone in that store has excellent customer service and is very welcoming. No reason for a $100 transfer fee though. I'll be giving keepshooting.com or the pawn shop in White Plains a call for my next transfer.

xonid

Jan 28, 2009
    CalCo
    I had a friend recommend Nick to me last week. Got a quick response and he seems like a good dude. And his prices look great as well, just saw the website this morning.

I've used Nick a couple time as well. It's a drive for me, but he stocks parts and other things that make the drive worth it. Good prices for ammo too... well that was last year at least..

xonid

Jan 28, 2009
    CalCo
    Forgot.. another one is Ron's Bay Pro Shop in Dunkirk.. I used them for a long gun and it was very reasonable. They are on the pick list for BudGuns so it was a no brainer, plus the location is excellent for North CalCo.

flying_pig

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2013
    One more vote for All Pawn. Great group of guys and $35 for regulated (includes the $10 MSP) and $25 for non-reg. If you can find a better price then please post it here. I haven't found one that beats them. They are high on their in store items but honestly, it is a Pawn Shop. As you do more business with them they will lower prices for you considerably.

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    Called them on Saturday. The guy I spoke with seemed cool. He confirmed the $25 + $10 MSP fee. I'll be visiting them very soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

flying_pig

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2013
    Called them on Saturday. The guy I spoke with seemed cool. He confirmed the $25 + $10 MSP fee. I'll be visiting them very soon.

You were doubting us? lol JK Good luck with the MSP wait.

ewarfare

Feb 18, 2009
    Lexington Park, MD
    If I'm ever in the market for a new gun, I always e-mail or call up Mark and staff at Accurate. He was able to locate a KelTec PF9 for me a while back. Unfortunately, KelTec didn't sell their handguns with shell casings so he had to delay my pickup and get it done for me. For my inconvenience, he gave me a free box of 9mm ammo of my choice. I remember using him for my regulated firearms transfers back when the fee was reasonable (I wonder why he decided to raise it so high?). Unfortunately, I won't be going back for transfers, but if I need to purchase anything new, Accurate is my go-to place. The whole Accurate staff is excellent whenever I need or have questions about acquiring anything.

I'm currently doing a transaction with Nick Cromwell (one lower receiver transfer and one that he's selling) . E-mail communication isn't very fast, but he tends to his business during weekday evenings only. His new guns seem to be priced very well. The verdict is still out. I would like to try out Bob's Sunoco for my next transfer or ELTS Firearms (that's a new one I just heard about).

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    If I'm ever in the market for a new gun, I always e-mail or call up Mark and staff at Accurate. He was able to locate a KelTec PF9 for me a while back. Unfortunately, KelTec didn't sell their handguns with shell casings so he had to delay my pickup and get it done for me. For my inconvenience, he gave me a free box of 9mm ammo of my choice. I remember using him for my regulated firearms transfers back when the fee was reasonable (I wonder why he decided to raise it so high?). Unfortunately, I won't be going back for transfers, but if I need to purchase anything new, Accurate is my go-to place. The whole Accurate staff is excellent whenever I need or have questions about acquiring anything.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.

I'm currently doing a transaction with Nick Cromwell (one lower receiver transfer and one that he's selling) . E-mail communication isn't very fast, but he tends to his business during weekday evenings only. His new guns seem to be priced very well. The verdict is still out. I would like to try out Bob's Sunoco for my next transfer or ELTS Firearms (that's a new one I just heard about).

Nick is good people, just a little far and bad hours for me. It was convenient when I was able to go to his office and fill out paperwork during the day though (he no longer offers this service) and I don't often go to PAX.

Mark is also good. He installed my last HVAC unit. Work was awesome, price fair. BUT the current transfer prices are too rich for my blood. Keepshooting is on my way home from work and Brian and Mario take care of me. Although, Brian is a bad influence. I spent WAY TOO much today:innocent0:innocent0:sad20:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom