• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Jeebus, so after all the sneaky stuff looks like Accurate guns and ammo is charging "tax" when not required to, let them defend themselves here or post a resolution if they make it right. If it's a different shop then post them up and I'll delete this

:lol:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

You know how much I hate 20 questions, especially when it is to protect a shop doing something crummy, all it does is hurt us. By outing them, they have to defend their position, or make it right. They have already determined that a good relationship with 1 customer is not worth $21, they might not be so eager if it is a dozen, or a hundred customers, and another buisness has an opportunity to pick up some sales as a result. By protecting them, especially if there is fear of the shop doing something crummy over it, you are compliant, enabling them to keep it up, and take advantage of others here. I've had a shop or two that wronged me, and outed them publicly over the years, one in particular, Select fire in Glen Burnie was especially upset I as a customer spoke publicly about their crappy service, and took offense to it. I never set foot in there again, they have threatened others for speaking their mind, however IMO F-em.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    ...not sure if serious.....

Use tax, BS.

Who sets the price for a use tax on a firearm you buy out of state? whats on the paperwork? the opinion of the FFL what its worth to charge tax on that? F that... I will continue to support my FFL's

MOM will get no more from me than I am required to give. He gets his share when I visit a local FFL, grocery store, gas station, and takes it out of my paycheck. I will pay no more than I have to.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    A&D tried to burn my wife with this a few years ago. She had worked out everything she owed them ahead of time. When she went in to pick it up they all of a sudden added the tax.
    Select fire actually really helped her out. She had it shipped there and they really treated her well. I know they get a lot of hate (justifiably in most cases) but they really did right by us that time.
    Neither of us have ever set foot in A&D again.

ewarfare

Feb 18, 2009
    Lexington Park, MD
    I'll also throw in that Accurate guns & ammo charged me tax as well on a receiver I bought online.

When they first opened shop, they didn't charge tax on transfers and their fees were actually competitive. Guess things have changed...

I still go to them whenever I'm looking to buy locally. Mark and his staff are great to deal with.

JWGuns

Aug 29, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    A&D tried to burn my wife with this a few years ago. She had worked out everything she owed them ahead of time. When she went in to pick it up they all of a sudden added the tax.
    Select fire actually really helped her out. She had it shipped there and they really treated her well. I know they get a lot of hate (justifiably in most cases) but they really did right by us that time.
    Neither of us have ever set foot in A&D again.

A&D has done this to me too.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Accurate Guns & Ammo hit me with this when I got 4 lowers from the May 2012 Group Buy. Considering these arrived in Feb 2013 and stripped lowers were going for $300 and up... I didn't say anything. Won't go out of my way to do business there ever again though.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

nyu04

Mar 5, 2009
    Maryland
    I assuming it's the same dealer whose regulated transfer fee started at $40 when I asked him to fax his FFL paperwork and then became $100 + Tax when I came back to fill out the paperwork. Maybe he was mad I didn't buy his $350 DPMS stripped lower at the counter. But what could I do. Needless to say picking it up will be the last time I stop in there.

I think I got screwed by the same guy as you did vgplayer. I never went back there again.

SOMDHoya

Jan 17, 2013
    If your in SOMD and need a FFL, check out Mario at BTP Arms in Waldorf. Good guy, will do whatever he can for you and doesn't charge you any tax!!!

djleepanda

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 10, 2011
    Elkridge
    wow.. all these people got F*ed over by bad business ethics. Wow...you would think they would charge smaller amount of transfer fees, they are actually charging $100. That is ridiculous... you might be looking at easy $200+ just for transfer fees and taxes from these A**holes.

lol look what I found on their site.

http://www.accurategunsandammo.com/accurate-guns-and-ammo-llc-faq.htm

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
      Untitled.jpg
      90.9 KB · Views: 289

CorpsmanUp

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 19, 2010
    St Mary's County
    When they first opened shop, they didn't charge tax on transfers and their fees were actually competitive. Guess things have changed...

I still go to them whenever I'm looking to buy locally. Mark and his staff are great to deal with.

Yeah. It seems prices are higher.

Here's the thing though - some people expect to get something for nothing. People have to make money or it wouldn't be worth it to be in business.

Don't like it, you can go somewhere else. That's usually how I see things.

I'm not going to drive up the road an extra hour and a half to save $20 or $30.

Stimulating the local economy and keeping things local usually outweighs savings for me (to en extent of course).

djleepanda

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 10, 2011
    Elkridge

Here's the thing though - some people expect to get something for nothing. People have to make money or it wouldn't be worth it to be in business.

Stimulating the local economy and keeping things local usually outweighs savings for me (to en extent of course).

yea.. but 100 dollar transfer fees? with MD tax... that would run you 160 bucks for a $1000 gun. That is ridiculous.

Wahama90

I just checked Mapquest and All Pawn is 25 miles from AG&A and transfers are $25, that will save you over $75 on a typical transfer. I'm all for buying local, but I'm not going to be robbed in the process. I hate to say it but I'd rather spend my money at Dick's Sporting Goods than AG&A.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    If your in SOMD and need a FFL, check out Mario at BTP Arms in Waldorf. Good guy, will do whatever he can for you and doesn't charge you any tax!!!

This, I have transferred a few guns with Mario (Keepshooting in the IP section). They are outstanding, and anyone in SOMD would do well to check them out.

I didn't have a choice in using Accurate, it was the closest FFL participating in the group buy. They seemed like nice people, but $100 for a transfer? Really? Luckily I only paid $35 for one lower and $25 for each after that. Once all was said and done each lower was under $100, so it could have been worse.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    My .02. When AG&A opened prices were really good on most guns and transfers were on par with everyone else(45). Then the transfer price jumped(75) and shortly after so did the gun prices. This was before the craziness. All the people up there are really nice and helpful but they have almost turned into the tackle box #2. Business is business so I take mine elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom