• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ewarfare

Feb 18, 2009
    Lexington Park, MD
    I've been reading through some threads here and there seems to be some inconsistency as to what a "folding" stock is defined as. Some people state that a "telescoping" stock falls into the same definition as "folding." However, the verbiage in SB281 has the words "or telescoping" struck out of the copycat weapon feature test (see attachment).

I'm bringing this up because many people here plan on picking up "non-regulated" rifles after October and are saying that they can't get a particular model because it has a flash hider. Looks to me that we can get these rifles complete with telescoping stocks and flash hider intact.

I always thought of a "folding stock" as one that folds against the rifle's receiver (such as the AMD-65 side folders and Yugo underfolders).

Attachments

• SB281.jpg
      SB281.jpg
      60.7 KB · Views: 1,040

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    If it folds, it's banned.

I would think this only applies to weapons that can be fired while the stock is folded though.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I've been reading through some threads here and there seems to be some inconsistency as to what a "folding" stock is defined as. Some people state that a "telescoping" stock falls into the same definition as "folding." However, the verbiage in SB281 has the words "or telescoping" struck out of the copycat weapon feature test (see attachment).

Those people would be incorrect, the verbiage is correct.

I'm bringing this up because many people here plan on picking up "non-regulated" rifles after October and are saying that they can't get a particular model because it has a flash hider. Looks to me that we can get these rifles complete with telescoping stocks and flash hider intact.

If it has a detachable mag, it can have one of the features (flash suppressor, grenade/flare launcher, folding stock) and still be purchased and not considered a copycat. If it has a detachable magazine and any two items, it will be considered a copycat and banned for sale after October 1.

I always thought of a "folding stock" as one that folds against the rifle's receiver (such as the AMD-65 side folders and Yugo underfolders).

That would be a correct thought.

Last edited:

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Those people would be incorrect, the verbiage is correct.

If it has a detachable mag, it can have one of the features (flash suppressor, grenade/flare launcher, [collapsable] folding stock) and still be purchased and not considered a copycat. If it has a detachable magazine and any two items, it will be considered a copycat and banned for sale after October 1.

That would be a correct thought.

Corrected a "typo" that is germane to the discussion.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Why don't we all make it easier on ourselves and just turn in all our weapons. That way we won't have to trouble ourselves with actually learning the law. :lol2:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Why don't we all make it easier on ourselves and just turn in all our weapons. That way we won't have to trouble ourselves with actually learning the law. :lol2:

I volunteer to be the collection point for the "evil triangle"...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom