• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amish

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2008
    Fredneck
    I'm starting to get to the point of having too many firearms. If that's even possible. Well at least as far as lugging them to the range all at once.

Right now all my pistols can fit in the large midway range bag, which I love. However, I haven't seen a good solution for holding multiple rifles.

Looking for something that can hold 3 rifles (AR's, AK) preferably. Doesn't need to be hardsided, just something that I can carry all at once and it will protect them from scrapes.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-double-riflecase-closeout.html

That one is rated as a double, but may be able to squeeze one more in.

Any thoughts, recommendations?

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    amish, there comes a point where one has so many guns he must choose *which ones* to take to the range.

i know, it's tough. you like them all. you want to take them all out to play. but at some point you just have so many you have to start leaving certain ones behind to "hold down the fort" as it were.
    :sad53:

ewarfare

Feb 18, 2009
    Lexington Park, MD
    I've looked into this at one point.

Voodoo Tactical offers a case that comes in different sizes and they're supposed to hold two rifles and have detachable MOLLE pouches on the outside. It's the nicest I've seen so far.

I've heard that Cheaper Than Dirt supposedly sells the exact same case (made by Voodoo without the brand-name) at a drastically lower price. It's hit or miss on whether you get the quality cases since some of them only hold one rifle. Given CTD's recent online reputation, whether or not you'd want to give them your business is the main issue.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I've looked into this at one point.

Voodoo Tactical offers a case that comes in different sizes and they're supposed to hold two rifles and have detachable MOLLE pouches on the outside. It's the nicest I've seen so far.

I've heard that Cheaper Than Dirt supposedly sells the exact same case (made by Voodoo without the brand-name) at a drastically lower price. It's hit or miss on whether you get the quality cases since some of them only hold one rifle. Given CTD's recent online reputation, whether or not you'd want to give them your business is the main issue.

I have the Voodoo Tactical case you're talking about, it's very nice.

The Sportsman's Guide was selling them for around $40-45. Supposedly, the one that CTD is selling is a case made by Condor and is slightly different. (link for more info)

jjboxman

Nov 18, 2008
    Pa & Md
    I saw some one use a golf bag, using wood covers to cover barrels. Thought that was a neat idea. Just a thought.

amish

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2008
    Fredneck
    amish, there comes a point where one has so many guns he must choose *which ones* to take to the range.

i know, it's tough. you like them all. you want to take them all out to play. but at some point you just have so many you have to start leaving certain ones behind to "hold down the fort" as it were.
    :sad53:

blasphemy! Leave no man behind!

but yeah, I'm starting to feel that way. The hard part is deciding which ones go and which ones stay.

6-Speed

Mar 9, 2009
    MD
    I have been eyeballing that same 5.11 case for the saiga and AR, I may have to get one now that its on close out...

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    The 5 11 bags are nice. I like the idea that you can secure the guns to the inside of the bag with the Molle straps.

I currently have 2 of the Blackhawk double rifle bags, the rifles just sit in there and are allowed to move around. I'd rather have the straps to secure them.

I am going to be adding the 36" and 42" 5 11 bags to the gear collection in the future.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    This is the case i have, it does the job but the quality is so so, I found a few spots of touch up on mine although they say new and one latch is a little cockeyed, what ever, its supposed to do one thing and thats protect the guns and it does. It also holds a good amount of stuff. Here is the link and pics of mine loaded, i didnt put it in here for the pics but i usually throw a towel between each rifle just in case But when shut pretty much everything stays in the exact same place you put it. Also I have the guns on the Lids for the pics, I use the center as the base and open one side at a time But shown this way give you a idea of what it will hold. The center is Hollow and has two pieces if foam back to back.

link to it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MEZZI-ALUMINUM-RIFLE-GUN-CASE-53-DOUBLE-BLACK_W0QQitemZ370256569422QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item563502e44e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1791.jpg
      IMG_1791.jpg
      93.8 KB · Views: 156
    • IMG_1793.jpg
      IMG_1793.jpg
      86.6 KB · Views: 159
    • IMG_1795.jpg
      IMG_1795.jpg
      104.2 KB · Views: 159
    I shoot on my own property (100 yd range). I find that if I try to shoot too many different guns in one session, it cuts into my shooting time. Sometimes I carry stuff, but usually put the guns in socks and take them out in my truck along with my other shooting stuff.

Mud Turtle

Jan 11, 2009
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Oldcarjunkie, I hope you don't have far to carry that case with all those guns. How much does that weigh? I think your dog is looking at you like he can't believe you're going to try to pick that case up.

Attachments

• IMG_1793.jpg
      IMG_1793.jpg
      86.6 KB · Views: 115

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    :lol: Yeah it can get Pretty heavy, I have had everything in it last trip Minus two of those rifles but then again the most it gets carried is from the house to the car and out of the car about 20ft once we get to Staunton Va. Its either load that down or Multiple trips with multiple cases, Im just a hard head. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom