• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ewarfare

Feb 18, 2009
    Lexington Park, MD
    Has anyone attempted to get CCW permit fingerprinting done on-base? I have both FL and VA non-resident apps...and I figured it would be more convenient if it were possible to get printed there after work or during lunch.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I've been printed for other service related stuff (Non-Navy), call the security office, and see if they will oblige. Worst theycan say is "NO", right?

6-Speed

Mar 9, 2009
    MD
    I was wondering that as well. Also I was wondering if my company can do it. I have gotten finger printed there before...

ewarfare

Feb 18, 2009
    Lexington Park, MD
    The VA application requires that an individual affiliated with law enforcement takes the prints. It also requires a phone number included with their signature on the card to validate. The instructions for the FL app requires that a "law enforcement agency" take the prints.

Even if base security would do it, I wonder if it would satisfy Florida and Virginia's definition of "law enforcement."

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    My original FL permit was with a fingerprint card I had done at Pax. I tried to get my renewal done at APG but they're much more strict (require a work-related reason with paperwork from the security office).

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Check the details. I think I remember the VA instructions saying the agency had to have jurisdiction over your residence or something. I don't know, I could be wrong. . .

K Train

PARATROOPER
    Jul 25, 2008
    FREEEEEE AT LAST!!!
    i'm located on Ft Meade and was wondering the same thing for getting some non-res apps out. There are two forms the DoD uses, they are both Federal forms, but if the state uses State forms you might have to request forms from the state.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    many of the federal protection agency are true police officers.

I have found that if you go in and explain what you want and be polite and patient you stand a better chance to get it done, do not go in and demand they do it or with an attitude. and do not B.S them they will know if your are.

do not go in close to change of shifts best time to go in is about middle of the shift when they should have a little time that they can deal with you

Papi4baby

WWJBD
    May 10, 2009
    California
    Just call and ask. They are pretty cool on the base. I never got it done with them. But i did have other stuff that required their attention and they were pretty good about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom