• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Winchester

Jan 28, 2013
    Lutherville
    My son is finally old enough to go squirrel hunting and I am curious about "no-hassle" public lands around Baltimore County (north of city). I have a lease on the Eastern Shore if all else fails but hope to find a woods nearby where my son can shoot his first squirrel, safely.

Winchester

Jan 28, 2013
    Lutherville
    Thanks Gents. I might be looking at some bug-out land which would solve my squirrel woods problem. In the meantime, I might try Patuxent State Park unless y'all don't think it safe for my little guy (i.e. high density of hunters).

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    Thanks Gents. I might be looking at some bug-out land which would solve my squirrel woods problem. In the meantime, I might try Patuxent State Park unless y'all don't think it safe for my little guy (i.e. high density of hunters).

You don't want to hunt your bug-out location untill the time comes to where you need to bug-out there. Don't thin out your big-out spot of future food that you will need one day

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    My son is finally old enough to go squirrel hunting and I am curious about "no-hassle" public lands around Baltimore County (north of city). I have a lease on the Eastern Shore if all else fails but hope to find a woods nearby where my son can shoot his first squirrel, safely.

public lands and safely are words that don't go together for me.

anybody with little to no experience or intelligence can shoot guns on public land

IMHO pretty much everything is shot out on public land, I stopped hunting public land years ago when some guys I met on public land started talking to me about " the sound shots" that they had

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom