• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I went to "an outdoor range" in the Frederick area with a friend once, it was awful, with commando-looking range officers waling up and down "carrying invisible luggage," you know the look. They talked to shooters who had paid to be there like they were children and as far as I could see did little to enhance safety.

I'll never go back there.

Unfortunately a lot of ranges have RSOs who want to be the big fish in the little pond; fortunately, I have found places to shoot where RSOs treat people like adults and try to be helpful as opposed to overbearing jerks.
    You mean the only public range in FredCo?

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    You know they are two different companies, right?

Continental Arms and White Marsh Arms are run by the same family.

FreeState has no association with either Continental Arms or White Marsh Arms.

I think there is some confusion as FreeState is located in White Marsh MD while Continental Arms is in Timonium and White Marsh Arms is located in Riesterstown.

Just speculation!

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    When I used to shoot exclusively indoors prior to becoming a competition shooter On Target was the only place that got my repeat business other than the range off Penn. Ave. east of DC. I will never deal with Freestate/Continental after they basically stole a firearm my late wife traded for at a gunshow.

I think you may be confused a bit!

I think there is some confusion as FreeState is located in White Marsh MD while Continental Arms is in Timonium and White Marsh Arms is located in Riesterstown.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

Just speculation!

Very true.

I bought a pistol at a gun show from White Marsh Arms thinking it would be a breeze to pick it up...I only live about 15 minutes north of White Marsh...oops! :sad20:

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Why do ranges even care about taking pictures on the firing line?

Trying to avoid someone coming in to "identify" local gun owners or something?

I'm sure there is a reason but I've never understood the policy.

no, to all the above. from time to time, there are officials who do not want to be identified at range. some are law enforcement, some are PI's, some are lawyers or judges or other professions like sports figures or entertainers, that do not want or can not have their presence publicly known at a range. don't come back at me will silly assed comments on your "opinion", this is just the way it is. respect the policy or shoot elsewhere.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

That was exactly my point.

Free State has no association with Continental and or White Marsh Arms (which is in Reisterstown).

Feb 28, 2013
    no, to all the above. from time to time, there are officials who do not want to be identified at range. some are law enforcement, some are PI's, some are lawyers or judges or other professions like sports figures or entertainers, that do not want or can not have their presence publicly known at a range. don't come back at me will silly assed comments on your "opinion", this is just the way it is. respect the policy or shoot elsewhere.
    Now just a damn minute. Back 'er down a bit thar, pal.

Exactly where the hell did he suggest photographin' or filmin' ANYONE other than himself or his ol' lady?

That was totally un-****in' called for. :tdown::cool:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I think the point is you can still have someone in the background of the picture. Beyond that, how do you control "only pictures of yourself or the person you are with, no other photography"?

Easier just to say no pictures or video.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie

That would make sense if the pictures were taken randomly, but that has nothing to do with taking the picture of the person you are shooting with or them taking a picture of you or even pictures of your target.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Isn't it enough to say that this is a private business and they can have a "no picture" rule if they want to? IMO, the reason for the rule is irrelevant. If a patron does not like it, they are free to shop/shoot elsewhere.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I know why a big shop up in PA doesn't allow picture taking. Same reason they don't allow bandanas, backwards hats,.....

Idiots coming in there for photo ops with guns they can afford/are prohibited from owning but still want to capture an image of them holding...

Ef em, I don't want to be in the background of anyone's ******** selfie, no photos is fine with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom