• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    ..but not sure how much more I want to pretend like I'm behind enemy lines. The smell is really bad on this side....s

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Greetings fellow DINO. I had dinner and a couple beers with some buddies, all in or affiliated with the US Navy. The DINO question came up, as all of them live in Maryland and were really fed-up with the gerrymandering in Maryland. I was surprised they all knew about the problem, but a couple of them didn't know that in Maryland you can only vote in the primary of the party you are registered with. So of all the good reasons to become a DINO (especially if you live in the middle corridor of Maryland, drawing a rough and very wide line from just above Baltimore all the way down through DC; you might be better served going DINO.

I also enjoy sharing my conservative values with my neighbors, coworkers and when I mention I'm a registered Democrat, it really seems to keep their minds open. I also enjoy bending the ear of my representatives, they give me a lot more attention when they verify that I'm a registered Democrat and live in their district; I have now become 'their constituent'.

You might want to check out this thread: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=190211

tomgreco

Ammo addict
    Sep 17, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    You're assuming that those majority Democrats actually vote. If every Republican became a DINO, and stayed active, we could change Maryland!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Seriously, if every Republican became a Democrap there would be no Maryland Republican Party apparatus. And the Dems would behave even worse.

Live, organize, rally, and participate on your feet as a honorable Republican or Conservative and not on your knees as some secret, ashamed, fake Democrat who can't stand that voter card in your wallet.

Dress-up games and Halloween are for children. Man up and be a Republican. Remember, at the Alamo, those heroes did not dress as Mexicans hoping for less severe consequences.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    7 out of ten voting age residents of the state are real democrats...that means even if every republican in the state did this DINO thing, real dems would still have a 10% majority...It doesn't get any plainer than that...being a DINO cannot work..

You're assuming the idea is out vote the Democrats.

But a great deal of conservative voters are gerrymandered by MoM and the Evil Party machine. They can still make a difference by voting in the primary for the weaker Democrat party candidate, or candidates that, if they are elected will replaced entrenched Evil Party pols who have seniority, This also causes the the Evil Party to spend money on what would otherwise be slam dunk elections for them.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    As K31 mentioned, you can live in a gerrymandered district that's 70%+ Republican (as I do) and have zero chance of electing a Republican because the Democratic Party has ensured your district's votes are outnumbered many times to one. A strong showing of DINOs during the primaries might have a chance to select a weaker Dem for the general election and oust a hard-left incumbent. It's preferable to zero chance of making a difference voting the R ticket. I would change my mind in an instant if Maryland ever switches to open primaries, however unlikely.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    This Dino thing isn't new, I've been a Dino for almost 15 years. When you have a son who is interested in the Air Force Academy and you're looking for a Congressional Nomination, you don't want to be a Republican in Maryland. Then he didn't go and I've just never changed back.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    If being Republican (or anything other than a D) in this state stood any sort of a chance to be able to enact meaningful change in this state I'd switch in a New York second. If you are not identified as part of the majority party you have absolutely NO say or effect on its policies, operations and candidates. Simple logic and pragmatism.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    7 out of ten voting age residents of the state are real democrats...that means even if every republican in the state did this DINO thing, real dems would still have a 10% majority...It doesn't get any plainer than that...being a DINO cannot work..

The tin foil is wrapped tight with "DINO's"

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    This could just as easily been said by Mike or Mike. Or nearly any of the other elitists in the MGA or the Maryland Government bureaucracy.

Medshot

Jul 24, 2013
    God forbid there be the possibility that there are people in a different political party that have critical thinking skills and want to work together with others towards a common goal. While it's ridiculously hard to find people like this in any political party, the "enemy" labeling gets us nowhere and further alienates those who would join a cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom