• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    I'm building an AR with a regular 16" carbine upper. I would like to attach a fixed A2 buttstock replacing the collapsible stock. My question is which buffer/spring combo to use. Can I use the longer rifle buffer/spring set that comes with the fixed A2 buttstock? Or just re-use the carbine buffer and spring that would normally go with a collapsible stock? thanks...s

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Now, should it not run right, you may need to rethink this. That set-up is made for a rifle gas system. Given you are going with a carbine gas system(different upper), results can vary. Try it, but you may find it to be a bit under gassed. Might require a lighter buffer(carbine and spacer).

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rdware/ar-15-m16-buffer-spacer-prod44889.aspx

If I'm wrong, someone will be along to straighten me out...;)

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    Now, should it not run right, you may need to rethink this. That set-up is made for a rifle gas system. Given you are going with a carbine gas system(different upper), results can vary. Try it, but you may find it to be a bit under gassed. Might require a lighter buffer(carbine and spacer).

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rdware/ar-15-m16-buffer-spacer-prod44889.aspx

If I'm wrong, someone will be along to straighten me out...;)

I'm thinking u are right, but could go either way. Example. My 20" 6x45 with rifle length gas and fixed stock short stroked. ( easy fix ) my 6.8 had a mid length gas and fixed stock and no issues. So who knows but I'm kinda interested now. To answer op question. Yes on buffer and spring that comes with stock
    Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom