• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    We've had an outage in Urbana area for over an hour (and had short term interruptions over the past few days including around 3am earlier today). I reported it via the First Energy website, and then looked at the outage map and saw possible reports from Clarksburg to Middleton. The estimated repair is 1pm.

I'm wondering how extensive the outage is in case the First Energy map's data is updated slowly. Anyone else outside of Urbana area experiencing an outage this morn?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    That's just lovely. We're in NC this weekend, getting home late this evening. This fits in just awesome with the AC in my wife's vehicle being on the blink.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Move to Montgomery County, we don't measure our outages in hours but days! To be fair (sort of) we used to measure them in weeks.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thanks, guys. Hearing it might be due to an animal vs a Russian infrastructure attack on Urbana, lol.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Move to Montgomery County, we don't measure our outages in hours but days! To be fair (sort of) we used to measure them in weeks.

This improvement was brought about by PEPCO, who had formerly respected the local tree-huggers' wish to preserve their arboreal cover. After having the crap kicked out of them in the media for several years about the extent and duration of outages, PEPCO went out after tree branch interference with their power lines, aggressively pruning anything that could be a problem. I remember people hanging around and weeping for their trees.

Local outages in my neighborhood went down from days to hours. I cancelled my plans for a standby generator install.

Win/win/win. I save 10 grand, keep my cool, and watch weeping idiots.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    We've had an outage in Urbana area for over an hour (and had short term interruptions over the past few days including around 3am earlier today). I reported it via the First Energy website, and then looked at the outage map and saw possible reports from Clarksburg to Middleton. The estimated repair is 1pm.

I'm wondering how extensive the outage is in case the First Energy map's data is updated slowly. Anyone else outside of Urbana area experiencing an outage this morn?

That's just lovely. We're in NC this weekend, getting home late this evening. This fits in just awesome with the AC in my wife's vehicle being on the blink.

Both of you know exactly where I am. I didn't lose power where I am. Hope that helps ease TTMD's mind and helps the OP get an idea of how far the outage stretched.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    And at 1:55 it is off again in Comus
    Went off for us for a couple minutes around then but came back on. It's been like this for the last week. Guessing they're unprepared to handle electricity demands with the heat.

Both of you know exactly where I am. I didn't lose power where I am. Hope that helps ease TTMD's mind and helps the OP get an idea of how far the outage stretched.
    We're back, buddy.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Went off for us for a couple minutes around then but came back on. It's been like this for the last week. Guessing they're unprepared to handle electricity demands with the heat.

We're back, buddy.

Glad you are back, but it would be a real tragedy if the beer in the fridge got warm. :lol2:

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Good info, thanks!

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    East side of the city (Monocacy Shopping Center area) no outages today. We do get quite a few for about 5 seconds but nothing yet to kick on the generator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom