• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Three shops that I know of in the Waynesboro, Pa area. Hunters Den, Herolds, and Hilltop Arms.

usc45cal

nothing
    Nov 14, 2009
    i have new mags plenty and a 556 drum all brand new

i just read up on the law and i cannot sell these correct??????????

mods is this correct? if so pull it down i have enough trouble

Last edited:

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    i have new mags plenty and a 556 drum all brand new

i just read up on the law and i cannot sell these correct??????????

mods is this correct? if so pull it down i have enough trouble

They cannot be sold or offered for sale in Maryland. You CAN sell them to someone in PA, VA or WX.

Not just the sale is banned..........

4–305. (a) This section does not apply to: (1) a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine;
    (b) A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

usc45cal

nothing
    Nov 14, 2009
    its funny to me how ,you can have them shipped in by friends or family or go to Callas and bring them back but if my bud wanted to buy a mag its illegal lol md law sucks and my GF works for the state police and they dont understand the laws or the roster board what a joke

usc45cal

nothing
    Nov 14, 2009
    lol thats a riot eruby ,,, thank my gf for the ballistic fingerprint ban it was her and her only , thats one off the list Md is so confused , she told me at the roster board if it passed all of the tests but a memeber of the board didnt like the color they kicked it out

so i ask again , if i have mags or drums in the state no matter where they came from , selling them private is illegal ******** ,. how about i give them away and ask for a donation huh??????????????? no sale

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    lol thats a riot eruby ,,, thank my gf for the ballistic fingerprint ban it was her and her only , thats one off the list Md is so confused , she told me at the roster board if it passed all of the tests but a memeber of the board didnt like the color they kicked it out

so i ask again , if i have mags or drums in the state no matter where they came from , selling them private is illegal ******** ,. how about i give them away and ask for a donation huh??????????????? no sale
    Bolded below. You cannot even give them away or pay someone to take them, receive or transfer are the key words you're looking at with your scenario.
    4–305. (a) This section does not apply to: (1) a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine;
    (b) A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

Regulus91

Aug 3, 2017
    Myersville, MD
    Bullseye in Leesburg has the better mag prices (often comparable to internet pricing), but call ahead if you're looking for something other than 5.56 PMAGs or Glock mags. They do have reasonable selection, just not large numbers of multiples for some mags (e.g. they might have only a few 30 round AK-47 or CZ Scorpion Evo mags on display at any one time).

The other Leesburg place has huge inventory and a nice selection of firearms, but is a bit more pricey.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'll have to give 'em a call and see if they carry 15 and 30-round M1 Carbine mags, no shop seems to carry them in stock. The Hunter's Den in Waynesboro offered to order them for me but it was like $30 for a 30-rounder and I was pretty tight on money that week.

(I got a 15-round mag at the Nation's Gun Show in Chantilly and it feeds great, it's my 10-round mag I got off the internet that won't feed. The damn thing won't "stay", it drops slightly whenever I fire so that the bolt won't strip a new round out of the mag. But it doesn't drop enough to fall completely free, if I tap on smack the bottom of it, and rack the charging handle again, it'll feed and just repeat the problem with each shot.)

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    Try Minuteman Arms in Lovettesville. Really nice guy with good prices. He is a small shop trying to build business.

For those of you that live in Frederick area, where are the closest places in Virginia or Pennsylvania that you go to when shopping for common mags?

I'm looking for G19 mags, so big box retailers might not carry (other than a Cabela's, and I don't want to drive that far), but extra AR mags are nice to get as well. I don't mind spending a few dollars more per mag.

I'm particularly interested in places near Hwy 15 North heading into Pennsylvania or 15 South out toward Leesburg.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom