• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Got a call this afternoon from a social worker at the VA home my 88 year old dad’s in outside Philadelphia. Said they’re taking “precautions” due to the virus and advising all family members not to visit until further notified. No cases there yet. They did the same last year during peak flu season. Talked to my dad about an hour ago and he said that he wasn’t even told. Most of the folks there are wheelchair bound.
    That sucks but I understand it.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Costco eh? Neighbors around here shop at Whole Foods. I'll have all the organic free range bacon I can eat

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    If you really need a sanitizer go down to a liquor store and pick up some Everclear. There is a reason your specialty and formulary pharmacies use it for sanitizing instruments and surfaces after creating each specialty prescriptions. It evaporates quick, doesn't leave a residue and no harmful chemicals left behind.

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Let’s not forget simple hand soap and water works. Works better then “sanitizer” as it Deep cleans your hands opposed to sanitizer that just kills surface germs.

Don’t get hung up on the word sanitize when you just need to wash your hands.
    We should be doing this all the time. Not just when a new virus is discovered or at peak time of flu season.

If more people made washing their hands a regular habit ,part of their daily routine, it help help stop transmission of disease

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    Washing your filthy paws is a mechanical germ removal process. Not so much a sterilization process.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I spent most of this day in a hospital. I expect to be dead in minutes, but only after I infect the rest of the state with COVID-68.

That's "you do me and I'll owe you one" to the uninitiated. :innocent0

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Let’s not forget simple hand soap and water works. Works better then “sanitizer” as it Deep cleans your hands opposed to sanitizer that just kills surface germs.

Don’t get hung up on the word sanitize when you just need to wash your hands.
    We should be doing this all the time. Not just when a new virus is discovered or at peak time of flu season.

If more people made washing their hands a regular habit ,part of their daily routine, it help help stop transmission of disease

There are presumably countless studies done that show that healthcare professionals, on the whole, are batting somewhere between .400-.750 on this point. It's understandable, because of course we're all human, but nauseating from the point of "my loved one has the latest version of AIDS because Dumbass, MD (RN, LPN, MSN, NP, ETC, WTFBBQ) couldn't be bothered to wash and/or sanitize their hands before coming into their room."

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Neighbors just got back from Costco with a ton of stuff. They don’t have any guns...looks like I’m all set!!!

If someone breaks in and "helps themselves " to their hard earned, although excessive prep, nice to know they have a medical professional nearby if needed. Just saying.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    If you really need a sanitizer go down to a liquor store and pick up some Everclear. There is a reason your specialty and formulary pharmacies use it for sanitizing instruments and surfaces after creating each specialty prescriptions. It evaporates quick, doesn't leave a residue and no harmful chemicals left behind.

Do they sell Everclear in Maryland likker stores? I've never seen it.

I lost two of my front teeth to Everclear long ago (been replaced) but that's another story... :innocent0

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County

I lost two of my front teeth to Everclear long ago (been replaced) but that's another story... :innocent0

not anymore, as of a couple years ago. Bacardi 151 will work too and has about the same alcohol content as the everclear that is sold in MD liquor stores.

not anymore, as of a couple years ago. Bacardi 151 will work too and has about the same alcohol content as the everclear that is sold in MD liquor stores.

Nope. Maryland and other States solved the alcohol-violence problem by banning it. No word on how much collateral violin-restoration-violence and baker-violence was affected by the legislation.

Prohibition worked so well in the 1920s ...

You can still buy Everclear in Maryland. They did a FU to the government on a most epic level... Maryland banned 190 proof Everclear, so they started selling 189 proof Everclear. (This is real and not a joke)

FWIW- Denatured alcohol (Lowes, HD, etc) and Iso Heet- yellow (auto parts stores) are also ethanol, but not food grade and cost a hell of a lot less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom