Turnaround time on VA nonresident permits?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I was hoping mine would show up last week while I was away on my trip, but it didn't. Hopefully it will be here in the next few days!

Decided to go ahead and get my VA non res permit.
    Already had my prints done at the Sheriff's office before the 1st snow in February. Will get my 2X2 pics done this Saturday, fill out the paper work and mail it all in....

thanks everyone......

p.s., found out that the ex-con that was released from prison for armed bank robbery LIVES NEXT DOOR!!!!!!!

dan:shocked:

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    Nice, like others have said Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid all offer passport photos
    I was in and out of walgreens in 15mins $8 lighter with two pictures

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Nice!

My permit got here today. And yeah, they're not really what you'd expect. It's what looks like a couple of pieces of paper fed through a laser printer, laminated with my picture. And annoyingly, it's oversized for a normal wallet - it's easily larger than a driver's license or credit card. I think I might try trimming it down, but I am worried about the poor lamination coming undone.

In any case, it's nice to have it!

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Nice!

My permit got here today. And yeah, they're not really what you'd expect. It's what looks like a couple of pieces of paper fed through a laser printer, laminated with my picture. And annoyingly, it's oversized for a normal wallet - it's easily larger than a driver's license or credit card. I think I might try trimming it down, but I am worried about the poor lamination coming undone.

My laminating is already coming apart and I've had it one year. No trimming done to it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    My laminating is already coming apart and I've had it one year. No trimming done to it.

I made the mistake of trimming mine to fit my wallet. bad idea, came apart as soon as it was trimmed. Pretty shoddy compared to my FL, UT and NV permits.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Mine also started to come apart, I put a little super glue between the flaps of plastic and it seems to be holding together pretty good now.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    Nice!

Still no joy for me.....maybe today.....or I will start worrying.....:innocent0

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    Received mine last Wednesday (10th). They had cashed my check on 9 Feb (mailed them the packet on the 4th of Feb). Pretty fast considering the storms. Would have posted sooner but lost the thread (I'm an idiot).

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    2/05/2010 - Mailed packet (Included copy of FL CCW permit and MD online Training Certificate)

2/10/2010 - Packet delivered to Richmond VA

2/17/2010 - Received Receipt for Payment (Dated 2/11/2010)

3/15/2010 - Received VA CCW Permit (Approval date 3/03/2010, envelope postmarked 3/12/2010)

Finished up the Utah CCW class in Waldorf, instructed my Perrin Lewis. The class was packed. http://www.genesisfirearms.com/course-info.cfm?id=7

Now I'm considering getting the Florida CCW permit, I don't know how much that cost though.

It was a fun class, more women than I expected, everyone was nice.

I assume my package will be mailed off today. Perrin said the turn around time for Utah is 60 buisness days...due to backlog of people applying.

dan

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Finished up the Utah CCW class in Waldorf, instructed my Perrin Lewis. The class was packed. http://www.genesisfirearms.com/course-info.cfm?id=7

Now I'm considering getting the Florida CCW permit, I don't know how much that cost though.

It was a fun class, more women than I expected, everyone was nice.

I assume my package will be mailed off today. Perrin said the turn around time for Utah is 60 buisness days...due to backlog of people applying.

dan

FL is 117 dollars plus your pictures and fingerprint costs.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Got my VA Nonresident CCW permit today. Here is the timeline:

2/18/10 - Mailed packet (I used the MD online Training Certificate)

2/22/10 - Packet received in Richmond VA

2/24/10 - Received Receipt for Payment (Dated 2/22/10)

3/22/10 - Received VA CCW Permit (Approval date 3/17/10, envelope postmarked 3/19/10)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    FL is 117 dollars plus your pictures and fingerprint costs.

Whoa....I thought it was $300 dollars? Where did you get that figure?

thanks

dan

Uh, when I applied for my FL permit. i don't mean to be flip, but using the Internet will answer most of your questions about any state's permitting process.

FL is here

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom