What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Started with a pile of wood a few days ago... and so far, this. Not bad for an old(er) fart six weeks post major surgery. I had to do something... I was goin' nuts just "working" on convalescing and computer work from home all the time.

Attachments

• 20200823_173459.jpg
      20200823_173459.jpg
      48.6 KB · Views: 272
    • 20200823_163719resize.jpg
      20200823_163719resize.jpg
      54.4 KB · Views: 279
    • 20200825_214644resize.jpg
      20200825_214644resize.jpg
      59.6 KB · Views: 274

LongRanger300

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 14, 2020
    Good job but don't overdo it. Us old farts take much longer to heal. ;)

^^^THIS My best friend is recovering from hand surgery (trigger finger surgery on both hands no less) after becoming a grandpa for the first time. Needless to say he won’t stop doing stuff with the baby long enough to let his hands heal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I cranked out some more 223 last night, and set up my new-to-me Giraud power trimmer. Pretty cool little device, but I'm currently OK on prepped/primed brass, so didn't put it to work.

Upcoming projects:
    1. Switch to wet tumbling (bought a Rebel 17 and media)
    2. Use new CM Lite to work up a 5.56 NATO load with Ramshot TAC
    3. Redevelop 308 precision loads using IMR 4064 (previous SDs were not acceptable using a powder dropper!).
    4. Develop 300blk subsonic loads (maybe use CFE BLK?)

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I cut down 5gal worth of NATO brass for 300BO. I sized/decapped 5gal worth of FC .223 brass. I have a recurring date with the swager for the next 3 weeks.

:D

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    ^^^THIS My best friend is recovering from hand surgery (trigger finger surgery on both hands no less) after becoming a grandpa for the first time. Needless to say he won’t stop doing stuff with the baby long enough to let his hands heal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words... I was following the letter of the doctor's orders for about a month. No lifting more than 10 lbs and avoiding activities that "activate my core" muscles. Really?! Getting out of flippin' bed "activates my core". So, I'm letting the pain be my modulator... at the first sign of it, I let up and "live to fight another day"...

Anyway... reloading bench... I didn't make any more headway on it today, but I did get my Frankford Arsenal Case Prep station today.

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    I am rolling out 100ea 38 Special +P XTPs this morning. I have a confession to make. Three years ago I bought 8 lbs of Titegroup powder and I have been trying to use it up. I am afraid I am only at the 4/5 mark if that. For what it is Titegroup is a good powder.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Knocked out 200ea .223 tonight. 55gr FMJ over 24.5gr of IMR4895. Mixed headstamp which is fine since it's just plinking ammo. Have another 100 or so pieces of brass that I can load at the moment, but I'm plumb out of small rifle primers after this last batch.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Starting to reload for my new M1 Garands.
    Decided to start with LC brass I got from SKIP.
    Tumbled, applied case lube, setup the universal decapping tool, and FL sizing die on a turret press.
    Used the RCBS swagger.
    Just finished setting up the Frankford case trimmer when life pulled me away.

HarCo.45

Nov 4, 2010
    Loaded another 100 .45 ACP on my single stage. Decided I am tired of this one by on nonsense. Went upstairs and ordered a LnL AP press, 3,500 FMJs, shell plate, powder cop and extra large primer tubes. Tracking says it’ll all be here Tuesday.

HarCo.45

Nov 4, 2010
    Took down the single stage, set up the AP and cranked out 300 .45 ACP 230gr. HAPs over 4.0 of N310. Took a little adjustment to the pawls, little adjustment to the primer cam and resetting my dies slightly and was up and running in no time.

LNL Classic is for sale in the classifieds if anyone’s interested.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Loaded 97 rounds of 6x47 and have to do another 97 tomorrow. Loading takes about 10x more time than shooting. Can't believe I'm saying this, but it will be nice when shooting matches are over for the winter.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Trimmed some 223 brass and got my wet tumbling processing chain set up (Rebel 17 tumbler + FA bucket media separator + CED brass dryer). Did a run of some range pickups, and I have to say it's impressive how clean wet tumbling gets stuff. Downside is that those pins are kind of a PITA to manage. Wound up using a fridge magnet to grab a couple stragglers - I bet someone makes a tool for this, right?

Brass is in the CED dryer right now. I'll deal with it when I wake up tomorrow morning. Not really concerned about length of time, brass isn't gonna weaken at 145f.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom