Jul 29, 2014
    Got this six last night. Meat for the freezer because you can’t eat horns
    True, but you can't hang your hat on backstrap...:D

Nice deer. Congrats!

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Saw one deer this morning but brought home 10 lbs of chicken of the woods.

Attachments

• D257F417-1299-4843-8A71-F77C5454429B.jpg
      D257F417-1299-4843-8A71-F77C5454429B.jpg
      79.8 KB · Views: 312
    • AF5FFB4A-C8DF-45EC-8985-6356BF7BF49D.jpg
      AF5FFB4A-C8DF-45EC-8985-6356BF7BF49D.jpg
      76.2 KB · Views: 303
    • 1E2FCD6E-6333-47E3-B52D-71DDAF12F3B5.jpg
      1E2FCD6E-6333-47E3-B52D-71DDAF12F3B5.jpg
      69 KB · Views: 311

GSuders

Dec 13, 2017
    Keymar
    Shot this guy last evening just before dark. I waited a little while and started tracking him. Arrow showed good red blood but no bubbles. Was in a standing bean field and the trail was hard to follow. The specks of blood I found were at the top of the beans making me believe it was a high hit. I trailed for about 100 yards before I finally backed up and waited til morning. He was only another 60 or so yards from where I stopped last night. Hit was mid body but way back. Did catch both lungs, but just caught the backside of the one.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      163.5 KB · Views: 306

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Shot this guy last evening just before dark. I waited a little while and started tracking him. Arrow showed good red blood but no bubbles. Was in a standing bean field and the trail was hard to follow. The specks of blood I found were at the top of the beans making me believe it was a high hit. I trailed for about 100 yards before I finally backed up and waited til morning. He was only another 60 or so yards from where I stopped last night. Hit was mid body but way back. Did catch both lungs, but just caught the backside of the one.
    Great Buck! Congrats.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

Very nice!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That's a stud! Congrats!

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Scored a decent 8point this evening. My 11yr old was in the stand with me made it that much sweeter.

Attachments

• 20201004_185957.jpg
      20201004_185957.jpg
      74.1 KB · Views: 340

MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America

Great buck!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Ugghhhhh
    First evening with the compound bow(I normally use crossbow)
    Missed :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Neck shot?

Congrats!

Yeah he was standing still with his nose up in the air about to wind us. Downed tree was blocking everything else.. Not what I prefer but at 30yds I was confident I could place the bolt where it needed to go. He only made it 50yds and left a real impressive blood trail.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yeah he was standing still with his nose up in the air about to wind us. Downed tree was blocking everything else.. Not what I prefer but at 30yds I was confident I could place the bolt where it needed to go. He only made it 50yds and left a real impressive blood trail.
    Sweet! I was on a spot and stalk for whitetails one windy day and walked up to a bedded herd of does. I got within 15 yards of them and waited for one to stand. One finally did and as I released my arrow, she turned to lick her side and my arrow caught her in the neck. She was dead before she hit the ground. :)
    Nice shot steves1911. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom