New law to make it illegal to ride dirtbikes on your property without permission.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Saw this posted on facebook for AACO

Public Safety Bill 62-20
    https://www.aacounty.org/.../bills-and-resolutions/62-20
    County Executive Stuart Pitman:
    https://www.aacounty.org/departments/county-executive/contact-us/index.html
    Sponsor from District 4:
    https://www.aacounty.org/departments/county-council/councilmembers/district-4
    District 7 representative:
    https://www.aacounty.org/departments/county-council/councilmembers/district-7
    Bill No. 62-20 regulates the use of “off-the road motorcycles.” State law defines the term
    to mean “motorcycles designed for off-the-road operation, motorcycles not otherwise eligible for
    registration under this article, and motorcycles commonly referred to as ‘dirt bikes’”. State law
    allows local regulation of off-the-road motorcycles.
    Bill No. 62-20 prohibits a person from operating an off-the-road motorcycle within 300
    feet of a dwelling without written permission from a resident of the dwelling. For the first three
    times that a person violates this prohibition, the person is subject to a fine of $75.00. Thereafter,
    the person is guilty of a misdemeanor and, if convicted, is subject to a fine that does not exceed
    $250.00.
    https://www.aacounty.org/departments/county-council/legislation/bills-and-resolutions/62-203.pdf

Attachments

• 120772726_348881836314682_5137537125816306747_n.jpg
      120772726_348881836314682_5137537125816306747_n.jpg
      99 KB · Views: 1,813
    Last edited:

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Wow! So glad they’re working on important stuff like opening businesses, or schools, or voter fraud, or..or..or... if passed then they can go put a sign up and the masses will comply right?

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    It isn't about trespassing as far as I can tell. On top of the normal noise ordinances, now you would need written permission from a neighbor to operate a dirtbike on your own property within all other laws already regarding that.

Some responses:

Attachments

• 121039265_10220791406752869_1450384525290845497_o.jpg
      121039265_10220791406752869_1450384525290845497_o.jpg
      90.3 KB · Views: 1,764

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Soooo, ride a dirtbike on your property with a helmet and if cops come, ditch off through the woods somewhere. Property owners can say, "I'm glad you came to run off those trespassers". Fun times.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    This is why .gov needs to shrink. We are taxes to pay these idiots to come up with these horrible plans. Nobody I have ever voted for has made cuts to government jobs or programs that cost the taxpayer.

A. Wayne

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2011
    I am ok with three hundred feet..
    Adults in my neighborhood were riding dirtbikes every year within 200 feet of my backyard (in a cornfield they did not own). I work 7-7 and try. To chill on my deck for 20 minutes when I get home. Some people just need to be responsible, and when they can't, but brother will.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Adults in my neighborhood were riding dirtbikes every year within 200 feet of my backyard (in a cornfield they did not own). I work 7-7 and try. To chill on my deck for 20 minutes when I get home. Some people just need to be responsible, and when they can't, but brother will.

I don't think it will be significantly quieter at 300 feet compared to your stated 200 feet, but that's just me. That said, when it comes to noise, I'm on you side. My hearing is rather acute and noise bothers me much like I assume bright lights bother those with light sensitivity.

Oh and you misspelled "...but brother will." It's butt :)

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    I read this entire thing as "Existing noise laws were really hard for my personal friend to get enforced, so a blanket rule allowing any neighbor to stop another neighbor from riding a dirtbike within a football field of their house was way easier." Now, no matter how courteous or quiet someone or someone's kid tries to be, a neighbor can blanketly stop him from riding just because it is a dirtbike. No noise issue required. Maybe they just don't like him, or me, or my political views, or the color of his skin, or Yamahas. This just seems a like a bit of overreach. If the noise laws were not effective, fix them or move to someplace quieter. Next it will be ATVs. Mowers. Saxophones. Swingsets.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    I get your point about the corn field, but are they not already trespassing? What good is another law on top of the one already there that isn't being enforced?

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    This is another slide into the Baltimore County mindset. Folks want to live out in the rural areas so they can get away from urban problems, but they want to bring their urban restrictions with them. It's Karen on steroids.

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel

You should put up a big red commie flag in your yard.

This is the problem with so many people. "I'm all for freedom as long as everyone live the way I want to"

I live with neighbors that ride dirt bikes next to my house. Sometimes it annoys me, but more often than not, I'm glad that their kids are doing something outside rather than playing some stupid video game or huffing glue.

I have two little kids that have 4 strokes that are quiet as hell - so this law isn't really an issue for me personally.

Except for the principle. Its my property. I bought it. I'm f'ing tired of people telling me how to live on it.

This is a shooting forum. If you had room on your property to shoot safely, would you want a blanket law that said you couldn't because it was loud? At any time, with out permission of your neighbor?

What a bunch of commie BS. Live and let live. If you're neighbors are annoying you, go over with a beer and ask that they try to refrain from tearing it up in the last hours of the evening. I get it. I like the a little peace too, but we don't need another stupid blanket law to tell people how to be neighborly.

MaicoBill

MDS Supporter
    Aug 17, 2020
    I have ridden dirt bikes since I been 12.
    Yes, I definitely understand how when someone rides in the same area an extended period of time, it can be very annoying.
    Always nice to find a happy medium, with the riders and neighbors.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    You should put up a big red commie flag in your yard.

This is the problem with so many people. "I'm all for freedom as long as everyone live the way I want to"

I live with neighbors that ride dirt bikes next to my house. Sometimes it annoys me, but more often than not, I'm glad that their kids are doing something outside rather than playing some stupid video game or huffing glue.

I have two little kids that have 4 strokes that are quiet as hell - so this law isn't really an issue for me personally.

Except for the principle. Its my property. I bought it. I'm f'ing tired of people telling me how to live on it.

This is a shooting forum. If you had room on your property to shoot safely, would you want a blanket law that said you couldn't because it was loud? At any time, with out permission of your neighbor?

What a bunch of commie BS. Live and let live. If you're neighbors are annoying you, go over with a beer and ask that they try to refrain from tearing it up in the last hours of the evening. I get it. I like the a little peace too, but we don't need another stupid blanket law to tell people how to be neighborly.

Pretty much exactly. Now your new neighbor doesn't need to use existing noise laws to stop you from riding your quiet bikes on your property. They can call the police just because and make you stop.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads