New law to make it illegal to ride dirtbikes on your property without permission.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Ya... I guess I misunderstood what the intent of the new restriction was... I stand corrected... Karen's gonna Karen...:sad20:

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    I'd urge everyone that is tired of blanket restrictions of their freedom that is just ripe for abuse to contact Pitman.
    Public Safety Bill 62-20
    https://www.aacounty.org/.../bills-and-resolutions/62-20
    County Executive Stuart Pitman:
    https://www.aacounty.org/.../county.../contact-us/index.html
    Sponsor from District 4:
    https://www.aacounty.org/.../councilmembers/district-4
    District 7 representative: https://www.aacounty.org/.../councilmembers/district-7

Thanks for this. Will do.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    This isn't the same thing, but it reminds me of HoCo changing hunting laws to increase the distance a hunter had to be from surrounding homes/structures to be able to hunt in "safety". Basically it just meant that where before, a hunter could hunt near the perimeter and shoot in towards their own land, after they now were forced to be in the middle of their own land shooting out towards the other properties. Fun times that just burden people without solving any problems they claim to solve.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Exactly. It's a defacto ban on riding on your own property unless you own 10+ acres. One neighbor could now keep my son on his little bike from riding on nearly all of our 4 acres.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    For many years I have dealt with dirt bikes riding on the neighboring property during deer season. I also have neighbors that walk their dogs in their woods at sunset. Does it annoy me? Yes. But its their damned property, they are free to do as they please.

Mind your own business. Unless they are riding around being loud at midnight, get over it. We don't need any more laws.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Anne Arundel county already has a noise ordinance specifically addressing dirtbikes. https://www.aacounty.org/services-and-programs/noise-control

"Daytime (7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.) 65 dBA - for residential receiving properties
    Nighttime (10 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.) 55 dBA - for residential receiving properties"

Decibel meter/sound pressure level readers are ~$20 on Amazon. If the police do not have the tools to enforce the current laws, buy them the proper tools to do their job.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Why can't they just set a decibel limit at the property line. Do muffled dirt bikes really bother a reasonable neighbor?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    If I had a neighbor that gave me trouble like that I'd mark off a line 310' from his house, put straight pipes on my kid's dirt bike and he'd be out there 6AM and 11PM giving it hell!

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Anne Arundel county already has a noise ordinance specifically addressing dirtbikes. https://www.aacounty.org/services-and-programs/noise-control

"Daytime (7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.) 65 dBA - for residential receiving properties
    Nighttime (10 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.) 55 dBA - for residential receiving properties"

Decibel meter/sound pressure level readers are ~$20 on Amazon. If the police do not have the tools to enforce the current laws, buy them the proper tools to do their job.

****Yea. We use decibel meters at our range to test how well our sound baffles are working and whether they need to be upgraded (outdoor range). They are big hay bales stacked up in a special enclosure behind the firing lines. The county (MoCo) comes by a couple of times a year for inspection and does some testing with folks firing various calibers at regular intervals from different spots while the inspectors stand just outside the property line to assess noise, etc...

I think we paid a lot more than $20, but ours has time/date stamping, GPS and other info needed to have objective data to insure we are in compliance. MoCo isn't known as a very gun friendly area so the range tries to maintain everything to insure we are operating within the rules...

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i can see where one might not want to hear a buncha dirtbikes (or atv, chain saw, dogs barking, loud music, whatever) noise each and every day all day long. loudoun county va has some barking ordinance like >15 or 30 minutes straight. there is absolutely no reason to leave your dogs outside barking all day long, but if you're cutting down trees, mowing lawns, riding dirtbikes or quads here and there, that shouldn't be an issue. maybe have them put some sort of time limit or # days a month or something where folks get to have fun but not 24x7.

i have 5 acres here and do a couple of laps with my dirtbikes and quads from time to time, but prob less time per month than i spend mowing.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I guess they should outlaw driving cars within 300 feet or cutting your lawn without all your neighbors permission within 300 feet.

This is what happens when you elect democrats.

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    i can see where one might not want to hear a buncha dirtbikes (or atv, chain saw, dogs barking, loud music, whatever) noise each and every day all day long. loudoun county va has some barking ordinance like >15 or 30 minutes straight. there is absolutely no reason to leave your dogs outside barking all day long, but if you're cutting down trees, mowing lawns, riding dirtbikes or quads here and there, that shouldn't be an issue. maybe have them put some sort of time limit or # days a month or something where folks get to have fun but not 24x7.

i have 5 acres here and do a couple of laps with my dirtbikes and quads from time to time, but prob less time per month than i spend mowing.

This is a really good point. Per the above, the regulation shouldn't discriminate dirt bikes vs people mowing their lawns. No more lawn mowing. It pisses me off.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Back in the '80s I had a hovercraft that was equipped with a Rotax Ultralight Aircraft engine. It was loud! I used to fly it around the property and no one complained. It was a different time back then...people didn't act so much like a-holes and the term "Karen" hadn't come about. People let you have your fun.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Nowadays we have awesome electric trials and dirt bikes. This would prevent folks from riding them in their own yard.

Such a travesty

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member