• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    My curiosity got the best of me.
    Yup its gone and the lady there said she doesn't know when they'll put it back out.

Anyone know if they kept in in the store or shipped it back to the warehouse?

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Where did they put them, back in the warehouse portion of the store?

They must have a secure area to store them...if not actually a safe most likely a caged area that's stays locked either by combination or a key lock. I can't see them keeping firearms and ammunition in their storage area unsecured where any employee can wander through and take their pick and leaving through the loading dock.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walmart-removes-firearms-ammunition-from-US-stores-as-social-unrest-flares

Walmart Inc WMT.N removed firearms and ammunition from U.S. store floors this week to protect customers and employees as tensions across the country rise, the world's largest retailer said on Thursday.

“We have seen some isolated civil unrest and as we have done on several occasions over the last few years, we have moved our firearms and ammunition off the sales floor as a precaution for the safety of our associates and customers,” a Walmart spokesman said.

The Bentonville, Arkansas-based retailer, which sells firearms in approximately half of its more than 5,000 U.S. stores, will still sell the items upon request, it said.

Maybe you can order a gun?

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    When things were 'normal' could one go to the counter, ask for the catalog and actually 'order' a rifle/shotgun ? The sign on the wall inside the display case says as much but I figured that sign was out of date by at least a decade.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    When things were 'normal' could one go to the counter, ask for the catalog and actually 'order' a rifle/shotgun ? The sign on the wall inside the display case says as much but I figured that sign was out of date by at least a decade.

Years ago the Wal-mart in Easton you could do exactly that.
    Now I bet if you walked in and just said the word gun someone would have a fit.
    I Bet the one In Princeton WV still does.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Years ago the Wal-mart in Easton you could do exactly that.
    Now I bet if you walked in and just said the word gun someone would have a fit.
    I Bet the one In Princeton WV still does.

The Easton WM has being going downhill for a while now. The one woman that has been in the sporting goods department for years can be a real PIA!

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    About a month or so ago I purchased a shotgun at the Walmart on Rt. 26 in Frederick...the sporting goods manager was a woman who knew her stuff. The whole process was quick and efficient. Too bad all employees aren't as knowledgeable and helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom