• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    The PC9 takes Ruger Security 9 mags out of the box, so I got 4 more of them, and am thinking of the Security 9 for simple convenience. It also comes with an adapter to Glock mags, which would also be quite convenient.

I’ll give a legit answer now- the Glock mags provide more options and are plentiful. The magwell conversion is simple- did it in 5 minutes after I bought mine.

Ole Krag and Eric Jorgensen would be better in my eyes, but Saint Browning is acceptable:D

You’re selling or sold it- you don’t need my carbine sight anymore. :)

Wait, what? I will trade you 50rds of 9mm for that right now. Hell, I'll throw in 2rds of 12ga OO Buck as well.

In case anyone cares to be let in on the joke...
    I have a very rare Krag Carbine in the classifieds. The rear sight is for a rifle and a purist would catch that, so I clarified it in my ad. The correct carbine sight sells for $500-$600 and would increase the value by ~$1000. I want to sell the carbine, not put more money into it. Thus I'm selling it for well below market value.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Greetings!
    Like it says on the tin, former anti-gun person now owner of a Ruger PC 9 carbine. I also took the MD HQL course/permit thing and found out just about 5 minutes ago that it went through, so I'm now also in the market for a pistol.

After not firing anything for about 20 years (besides the 8 shots at the HQL course) I just took the carbine for a small solo range day at Maryland Small Arms near home and quite enjoyed it. I'm still not sure I've got the Firefield reflex sight tuned correctly but I also like its iron sights just fine so may just not use it at all. The Tandemkross fiber sights upgrade also interests me.

Before this re-introduction, I was trained on the M1A4 with Uncle Sam, and a couple years before that my late step-dad spent a month in the summer training me on a wide variety of pistols, rifles and even an original Thompson submachine gun. It's crazy how fast that all came back.

I really like the handling of the Ruger carbine and might only modify it a little. I doubt I'll ever to do any competitions or hunting with it, but you never know.

Be safe out there y'all. Good luck.
    Can you tell the tale of what made you change your anti-gun stance? Thanks, and welcome.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Can you tell the tale of what made you change your anti-gun stance? Thanks, and welcome.

:lol: This. Personally, I went from a somewhat curious interest in guns to a full fledged obsession.

Anti-gun to owner is a path I want to hear about. It might be something we can all leverage to convert others.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    :lol: This. Personally, I went from a somewhat curious interest in guns to a full fledged obsession.

Anti-gun to owner is a path I want to hear about. It might be something we can all leverage to convert others.

I love people’s stories. I have always loved guns. I like shooting...I love guns.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    In case anyone cares to be let in on the joke...
    I have a very rare Krag Carbine in the classifieds. The rear sight is for a rifle and a purist would catch that, so I clarified it in my ad. The correct carbine sight sells for $500-$600 and would increase the value by ~$1000. I want to sell the carbine, not put more money into it. Thus I'm selling it for well below market value.

And I happen to have a Sedgley Krag carbine that happens to have an original carbine sight that garners the interest. The sight alone is worth about what I paid for the rifle ironically. The Kragophile site folks tried to buy it also.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from PA!

Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Rules are written in the stone, Break the rules and you get no bones, all you get is ridicule, laughter, a shine box, and a trip to the house of pain.
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT]

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable

There still must be a spectrum within "anti-gun" as you'll meet few people besides animal rights loons who aren't at least ok with hunting rifles and shotguns. For a time in my life I'd absorbed my dad's opinions on the subject. He became a Brady Bill supporter and I chalked it up to a couple things - he used to sell guns at his sporting goods store, some were stolen during a burglary in the 80s and used in a crime. He gave up selling them at that point. He was also a disabled combat vet and a medic and I think he'd seen and experienced enough of what weapons do to a human body. But the other side of my family was armed to the teeth and I secretly listened to G Gordon Liddy's radio show as a kid even though Dad despised him.

So for awhile I wasn't anti gun or anti 2a, but lazily bought into "why do you need handguns or AR-15s." I came around because I reasoned through it (gun control arguments rarely make any logical sense) and as others have noted, shooting guns is fun as hell. While married to someone who was always uncomfortable with guns (got her to shoot my 22 rifle once years ago and that was it), shooting ARs with my cousin on trips to TN was enough to totally convert me. If I had any lingering doubts, 2020 has erased them forever. Civilization is fragile, and when I see idiots attacking innocent people and burning businesses I 100% know where I stand.

I know everyone's waiting for OP's perspective but as someone who used to not think hard enough about it, that's mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom