• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Well tomorrow looks look good for opening day. Using my Magnum Research 50 Cal S&W pistol for short distance and my Henry 45-70 for longer distances. I will be stomping the woods everyday until seasons end. Good luck to all on opening day. Oh yes, I did pack my horse shoe hopefully a little more luck can't hurt.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I'm going to go I think.
    Youngins are reporting some good deer in one of the fields and some sika carrying on back there.
    Maybe one of them will come out or I can catch one crossing in the morning.
    If it goes ok I might do some stomping around myself in some different woods.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I'll be out hopefully. Did a little scouting this morning and while it isn't peak rut anymore, there were plenty of does out in the fields on the way to Monocacy NRMA.

Also, am I remembering things wrong, or doesn't gun season usually start on the Friday after Thanksgiving?

I know a big tree I can it at the base of on top of a ridge between two fields. Figure I'll go out early and sit for a spell. I plan on using my M1 with 150gr soft points over 46.8 grains of IMR4895.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I'll be out tomorrow in Carroll County. Corn was cut last week so I'll be overlooking the fields in the am. Not sure what gun I'll be taking yet probably the 300 win since there is a chance of some longer shots.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Will definitely be out tomorrow! I tend to find opening day of firearms season the most exciting due to the deer getting pushed around all day.
    With the terrain features and travel patterns in my locale, I will be in a ground blind in the AM and will use a climber in the afternoon.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    I'll be out hopefully. Did a little scouting this morning and while it isn't peak rut anymore, there were plenty of does out in the fields on the way to Monocacy NRMA.

Also, am I remembering things wrong, or doesn't gun season usually start on the Friday after Thanksgiving?

I know a big tree I can it at the base of on top of a ridge between two fields. Figure I'll go out early and sit for a spell. I plan on using my M1 with 150gr soft points over 46.8 grains of IMR4895.

Always been the Saturday after Thanksgiving

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Haven’t hunted public on opening day for years. To many unsafe yahoo’s for me. Last time I did, someone started shooting when it was still to dark and foggy to see with out a light. I can go during weekdays so that’s my plan (subject to change). :)

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    I’ll be out there. Checked my 6.5 Grendel al AGC this morning. I think it’s good to go.

Attachments

• 52725BDB-7818-49DA-B01B-6D409E7CF578.jpg
      52725BDB-7818-49DA-B01B-6D409E7CF578.jpg
      62.2 KB · Views: 627

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I'll be out there but I'm not sure where you got the idea it looks good for opening day, at least not down here. I sat in my stands this morning and the last 3 days straight. Multiple properties, multiple cams are showing no activity at all. Lock down in full effect it seems. I'm currently sitting in a stand in a t shirt and it's 64 degrees. I have low hopes for the weekend.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD

Once apon a time it did on Friday now 11/28/20.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Will definitely be out tomorrow! I tend to find opening day of firearms season the most exciting due to the deer getting pushed around all day.
    With the terrain features and travel patterns in my locale, I will be in a ground blind in the AM and will use a climber in the afternoon.

Yes opening day has its perks, especially if you stay out from sunrise to sun set, you get them coming and going.

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    Taking the 44 mag I think. Or a 41 mag. Or a 300 blackout. Or...take them all and just go to the range.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Mild weather: bleh

1/4 mile away they just cut corn and ours has been cut for a month: bleh

So tomorrow pull on the boots and see what happens

EarnestT

In the hollow
    Aug 18, 2013
    Not in Maryland
    At my undisclosed location ready to go.Win 70 featherweight 6.5x55 is my go to. Game cams show promise. Grandson took doe in muzzleloader season.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I am taking my crippled up but out in the woods snd sitting in a chair the wife set out for me to sit in

Appreciate she and my drs have forbade me from getting in my stand, well they won’t be there so we shall see

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I am taking my crippled up but out in the woods snd sitting in a chair the wife set out for me to sit in

Appreciate she and my drs have forbade me from getting in my stand, well they won’t be there so we shall see
    Enjoy the day brother. It's looking to be a good day to sit in the woods. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom