• ...and so much more!
  • JWBanshee

Jul 1, 2009
    Thats why I am going to a turkey shoot till it gets cold out

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    Skunked as well here, not even a squirrel. I did see two or more does at the feeder at the edge of the parking area we have when I pulled up but nothing while in the woods. I did hear a few shots in the distance over the few hours. Back at it this afternoon as well, but I’ll be in the ground blind with my five year old son and am reminded that experiences are better than being quiet and shooting deer.

Edit-don’t ask me why the pic is upside down, even edited and reuploaded. Oh well.

Attachments

• 5282589D-3620-4B02-81CD-F8DEFD0DFD98.jpg
      5282589D-3620-4B02-81CD-F8DEFD0DFD98.jpg
      196.5 KB · Views: 243

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Very very quiet in Calvert,, as it has been in bow.
    This is the slowest deer season yet.
    Personal conclusion is Covid layoffs and work-from-home has put a ton of people in the woods this fall.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    One ragged ole rutted out buck and a few does they killed at the Sandy Branch Ranch this morning.
    I seen two does cross nothing trailing them a fox and about 9000 turkeys sitting on the field. Couple eagles circling a carcass down by the road on the way out.
    Should be some out right at dark. Foggy and warm this morning. Should be a pleasant evening for a sit.
    Rutted out Buck.jpeg

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    One ragged ole rutted out buck and a few does they killed at the Sandy Branch Ranch this morning.
    I seen two does cross nothing trailing them a fox and about 9000 turkeys sitting on the field. Couple eagles circling a carcass down by the road on the way out.
    Should be some out right at dark. Foggy and warm this morning. Should be a pleasant evening for a sit.
    View attachment 300159

Nice harvest!

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    Here in Green Ridge SF the last 2 1/2 weeks, with the bow, now the rifle. Had a doe in my sights the first week, but wow, just slow since.
    This morn one series of 3 shots at 8, then 1 shot at 9, and that’s it. Quietest opener since I don’t remember.
    No snorts or tails going in or out of the woods except for one morning.
    Been hearing the coyotes almost every night, tried calling a few times but nothing came in. Between that, and now full moon approaching, might be a tough week of hunting coming up.
    Had a bobcat try and get in my ground blind last week, that was interesting lol.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Well I was out. Never miss an opening day. Got to my stand and found a tree had fallen and taken it out. I inspected it ten days ago. Grateful I wasn’t in it! Large ash tree that has been dead for some time gave way. It was a good 50 feet away on a slope- I figured when it fell it would go the other way. Shows what I know. Home eating breakfast then back out with a chain saw.

That sucks. That happened to me last year too.

MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America
    What a great day, and I ain’t even seen a squirrel lol

Thanks to you and the others for sending pics from your stands! Getting my fix vicariously through all of you, looks like a great day to spend in the woods. I love sitting in the woods when the sun is shining.

Nice rifles you fellas are showing too, good luck to all!

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Quiet all day then on my mid day break I saw 9 does in the open field I was looking over all morning.

Just my luck. Couldn’t get to my rifle fast enough to get a good shot.

I’m back out now, so we’ll see if they make there way back.

In Carrol County off East Deep Run.

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    Got a nice meaty doe this morning at Schaeffer farm (yep, won a lottery). There were at least eight cars in the parking spot at 5:20am, not so many shots heard.
    e453604d6689e206effa7bc1e03b8938.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I shot a button buck out the bedroom window while I was making the kids lunch. Mac n cheese and sausage. I passed on a bunch of deer during bow and now I'm just filling the freezer. I'll be back in a stand shortly.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Not to thread derail, but it’s related since today was it’s first outing: .350 Legend is a hell of a deer round. The sectional density says it should suck. But it absolutely wrecked a pair of does - one at 25 yards and one at 100. Both had gaping wounds and literally dropped in their tracks. Neither managed to even take a step let alone the mad dash I was used to with 6.5CM. To be fair, the Creedmoor did tend to liquify the lungs, but it didn’t always leave them DRT even when it did. 350 Legend on both deer was like a knockout punch. I was using 170 grain SP handloads that I Chrono’d at an average of 2290 FPS. I’ll have a topic on this in January when the last rifle shots are done, and perhaps these two will be the exception....

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Only deer shot today, not mine, my uncle got this buck

Attachments

• 430018D6-FF7E-4123-A53C-B24BAB9AB4F9.jpg
      430018D6-FF7E-4123-A53C-B24BAB9AB4F9.jpg
      103.9 KB · Views: 231

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics