• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Since there was a bit of folks who liked the idea of my safe lock change I figured I would make a thread. I took a couple extra pics. I would buy the L20 not 30 although mine is the 30 and it’s a little loose. Mine is for HD guns so kids can’t get them.

Link to the lock I got:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H85S8CK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_Mqs6FbH2Z3FR8?psc=1

7bb3d3c16af0d5a55309467a51e04729.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoCoRes

Aug 22, 2014
    Howard County
    I was reading the Amazon reviews on the lock and one person claimed the default password of 1234 still unlocked the lock even after the code was changed. Can you verify if that is actually the case?

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    I was reading the Amazon reviews on the lock and one person claimed the default password of 1234 still unlocked the lock even after the code was changed. Can you verify if that is actually the case?

There are 2 codes. The main one you use and admin. Instructions say how to change both. I changed both and mine only works with one of the 2 codes.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    yup

There are 2 codes. The main one you use and admin. Instructions say how to change both. I changed both and mine only works with one of the 2 codes.

Not to thread hijack but my Steelwater safe is the same with the two different key codes.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Was this a pretty easy upgrade? Anything to be aware of? I definitely want to do this...
    Thanks..

It was easy. I think it took me like 5-10 min. The lock doesn’t come with a battery (forgot til someone mentioned that today). If I remember correct, I used the nut from the stack on mechanism as a spacer so the lock sat right.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    It was easy. I think it took me like 5-10 min. The lock doesn’t come with a battery (forgot til someone mentioned that today). If I remember correct, I used the nut from the stack on mechanism as a spacer so the lock sat right.

Thanks!

Mondial

Colt .45
    Nov 29, 2018
    Columbia
    If the goal is to keep kids out, I would make sure all the default codes are changed. Most kids can google these locks and figure out these backdoor hacks faster than the adults:-)

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    If the goal is to keep kids out, I would make sure all the default codes are changed. Most kids can google these locks and figure out these backdoor hacks faster than the adults:-)

Good point. I changed all codes and tested a few times prior to bringing it in and putting guns in.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County

I went to put mine in today and it turns out that my lock barrel is just a tiny bit wider than the stock one. Wouldn't be a problem if I knew where my files are. :mad54:

rocket1331

Jul 9, 2014
    If you pop out the battery, reinstall, then enter a default 1234 code (one you had changed), does it open? Saw a review mentioning that, wondering if anyone can confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom