• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Had anyone used one of the drop in .223 conversion kits? Looking for a cheaper way to shoot. Its a lot easier to swallow .50 cents a round when you are dumping a couple thousand rounds in under 10 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Had anyone used one of the drop in .223 conversion kits? Looking for a cheaper way to shoot. Its a lot easier to swallow .50 cents a round when you are dumping a couple thousand rounds in under 10 minutes.

Nah, I'm waiting for the .350 Legend kit so I can use it for deer in straight-wall cartridge counties.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

I know a shop that is selling 5k for 200 bucks. 20k for 500 bucks is a promo that is running from 1/10-1/20.

Look up thread for details.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Can you put furniture on these , when and if i get one that is half the fun searching out options . I am glad to have any information on the subject .

Can you put furniture on these , when and if i get one that is half the fun searching out options . I am glad to have any information on the subject .

I'm sure you could, but they're not too popular, so finding compatible furniture might be tricky. For every AS-007 out there we probably have 5000 Ruger 10/22's, thus the lack of aftermarket products.
    I can't believe these things haven't been banned yet.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I'm sure you could, but they're not too popular, so finding compatible furniture might be tricky. For every AS-007 out there we probably have 5000 Ruger 10/22's, thus the lack of aftermarket products.

If i am able to snag one before they get banned we need to do a range trip . That would be hell spending all that money and have that happen . Sucks to be in Maryland .

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    For every AS-007 out there we probably have 5000 Ruger 10/22's, thus the lack of aftermarket products.

The 2X suppressors are quiet enough to allow indoor use. Backstopping the target is a bitch, tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    It's a system John Moses Browning invented shortly before he died. It was way ahead of its time. The materials and level of tolerance required simply weren't available back then. It was never used in any gun, until now.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Can someone please explain how the hopper works? I know you drop the ammo in, like a paintball gun, but those are round balls. How does it align the ammo so no rounds feed backwards.
    I can't wrap my head around this one.

It's like magic. You just dump the ammo in by the fist full as fast as you can, and the advanced technology takes over.

OneGunTex

Escaped Member
    Jan 12, 2021
    Southern Maryland, no longer

Yeah leather furniture is the way to go. Worth the upcharge for the comfort and style. Heck, I bet some of the bootmakers in the Rio Grande valley could do you something custom, turn out real nice

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Can someone please explain how the hopper works? I know you drop the ammo in, like a paintball gun, but those are round balls. How does it align the ammo so no rounds feed backwards.

Pulse magnets with vacuum assistance. It’s in your users manual.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

Its in the metal of the bullet round itself, that's why its difficult to reload for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom