• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    The Quiet-22 target box i just received says

"These cartridges may be used in semi-automatic firearms, however, manual cycling of the action may be required."

My box of 500 says the same. I hope to test them out in the next week or so.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Agulla makes 22long primer only very quiet sub sonic ammo Colibri (handguns) and Super Colibri (slightly faster for handguns and non-semi rifles. https://www.aguilaammo.com/ammunition/1b220339/

They will work in some 22 semi auto pistols like a Ruger SR22 but you have to hand rack and they fail to feed sometimes since they are a little shorter than a standard 22LR round.

Be careful using the Colibri rounds in rifles (bolt, lever action) because this round is so under powered there is a risk that it may not make it out of the barrel. Never had a problem in a handgun. They sound like a toy cap pistol in handguns. In rifles, the hammer drop makes more noise than the rounds. I'd only use these for plinking since the bullet is on the very lite side. These quieter that a lot of PCP air guns when used in guns w/o suppressors.

Subsonic shorts are also pretty quiet in rifles if you can't find CCI's or Colibri.

YMMV

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The Quiet-22 target box i just received says

"These cartridges may be used in semi-automatic firearms, however, manual cycling of the action may be required."
    I think I was answering someone's question about the same ammunition being packaged in two different boxes.

https://www.cci-ammunition.com/rimfire/cci/quiet-22/6-960.html

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cci-quiet-22-rimfire-ammo

My intention is shoot mine through a suppressed bolt gun. I'll try it in my Mk III, but if it doesn't cycle reliably, I will save it for the rifle or my .22 LR revolver.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I think I was answering someone's question about the same ammunition being packaged in two different boxes.

https://www.cci-ammunition.com/rimfire/cci/quiet-22/6-960.html

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cci-quiet-22-rimfire-ammo

My intention is shoot mine through a suppressed bolt gun. I'll try it in my Mk III, but if it doesn't cycle reliably, I will save it for the rifle or my .22 LR revolver.

They would never cycle my MKIII. I actually gave a bunch a way back before the shortages because of it. Now, I have a integrally suppressed 77/22, so I got a brick to play with. Oh and they worked not cycle a 10/22 either. Let us know if they cycle anything.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Advice needed please. I placed two orders for the quiet. One was shipped and delivered to my address. One was shipped, showing delivered but no sign of it at my Mom's house last week. Called and emailed CCI but radio silence in response - I know they are busy. Should I:

A. Hold tight and wait for a response.
    B. Contact UPS.
    C. Contact my credit card company.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Advice needed please. I placed two orders for the quiet. One was shipped and delivered to my address. One was shipped, showing delivered but no sign of it at my Mom's house last week. Called and emailed CCI but radio silence in response - I know they are busy. Should I:

A. Hold tight and wait for a response.
    B. Contact UPS.
    C. Contact my credit card company.

How old is the 'delivered' notice? I've seen them as much as a day early.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just looked at the delivery details. They left it at the mailbox which is on the street. Couldn't walk 30 feet to the front door or garage.
    That's weird, they always deliver to my door. Was it there?

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Nope not there B. They always deliver to my door as well. Dunno what happened at Mom's. No snow on driveway to act as deterrent. I sent one to mom's and one to my place in the event CCI decided Monkey was a no ship zone. At least I got one package of 500.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    midway has 500rd bricks of quiet semi-auto in stock for $80, limit 1 https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020878729

tempted, but have a bunch of SV on hand and more on the way that I know runs. I'm not sure if this stuff will run in my suppressor hosts, AR-22s, 10/22s and a 22/45 lite, and not worth $80 to find out IMO.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Thanks. I have been looking for some of this to try.

Now, if I can find a brick of CCI Suppressor to try.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Thanks. I have been looking for some of this to try.

Now, if I can find a brick of CCI Suppressor to try.

The CCI suppressor works well. That said, I didn't find much of a difference in sound between that and SV. I guess it would depend on the barrel length and can.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Quiets will seldom cycle in a semi-auto 22 of any type as the ammo has a rated velocity of 720 FPS. You can modify a semi 22 to fire it but you need a much weaker spring set. Works nice in a revolver or lever action/bolt-action rifle

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom