• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Around annapolis(within about a half hour or so drive), where would you go for the least expensive transfer for an AR lower... or what place has lowers in stock? Anglers said an ar lower is about $70 to transfer. I like the folks over at worth a shot, but haven't checked on their transfer costs yet. Same with on target. Anywhere cheaper or is $70 about the going rate for a 77r transfer?

I use BLUE FINS
    $35, including MSP fee is what they have always charged me.
    Mention that you are MDShooter member

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Around annapolis(within about a half hour or so drive), where would you go for the least expensive transfer for an AR lower... or what place has lowers in stock? Anglers said an ar lower is about $70 to transfer. I like the folks over at worth a shot, but haven't checked on their transfer costs yet. Same with on target. Anywhere cheaper or is $70 about the going rate for a 77r transfer?

Can’t say it hasn’t changed with current conditions, but I believe A&D Pawn in Glen Burnie is $30 transfers.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Unfortunately , within 30 minutes of Annapolis is a desert of good LGS .

High transfer fees = " We really would rather not do transfers " . ie They are incentivizing for their customers to purchase from their stock , or to order from them .

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I use BLUE FINS
    $35, including MSP fee is what they have always charged me.
    Mention that you are MDShooter member

Can’t say it hasn’t changed with current conditions, but I believe A&D Pawn in Glen Burnie is $30 transfers.

Unfortunately , within 30 minutes of Annapolis is a desert of good LGS .

High transfer fees = " We really would rather not do transfers " . ie They are incentivizing for their customers to purchase from their stock , or to order from them .

Last summer it was $50 for a long gun plus $30 sales tax

Cool. Thanks

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Curtis is long gone. The shop is pretty much run by Martin only these days.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

RS Shooting Sports does transfers for $35, I think. They're over the bridge in Centreville.

One of the guys works in Annapolis; I picked up an item (non-firearm) from him in Naptown.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    AVOID Duffy's like the plague. Vince keeps texting me pictures of machine guns and Lugers. It's not going to end well. Yeah, they treat you really well and all.....

I use The Gun Shop, too. Never a bad experience.

Vince is worse than the corner crack dealer. :D

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    Does anyone remember Gilbert guns on Rockville pike which is now a Pizza place?

I bought my first two handguns there. The first one was good from the owner who was very nice. The second one was from his cousin, not so much. The subsequent transfer (on a Hungarian SA85 under folder) was less than desirable, basically the guy behind counter wouldn't let me inspect the rifle which I already paid for and he was playing with it in front of me.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Does anyone remember Gilbert guns on Rockville pike which is now a Pizza place?

I bought my first two handguns there. The first one was good from the owner who was very nice. The second one was from his cousin, not so much. The subsequent transfer (on a Hungarian SA85 under folder) was less than desirable, basically the guy behind counter wouldn't let me inspect the rifle which I already paid for and he was playing with it in front of me.

I remember it, and was just having a conversation with someone about that location the other day. I never traded there, however, so I can't comment about their business practices.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Just had a solid experience again at worth-a-shot. Every time I go in there, the workers are attentive and ask if they can help. When I leave, they wish me a good day. While there, they're fairly knowledgeable about stuff and treated me respectfully. The purchase of a lower went smooth and picking it up took no time whatsoever. I was even able to grab 2 boxes of 300 black for a decent price. They're not price gouging nearly as much as other places in the area. They seem to offer guns/ammo/parts for a reasonable cost.

Something that means more to me is that every time I've been in annapolis to testify against new 2a infringements, I have seen ownership and the staff there supporting us. I actually first knew them from annapolis and recognized them when I first stepped into the store a few years ago. I figured I'd pass on my good experiences so they could get some more business from here. We should be supporting our local people, even if it means a couple bucks extra on things here and there.

Soul Rebel

Mar 8, 2013
    Duffy’s is awesome - love doing business with them!

Worth-a-shot was a terrible experience . They double charged my CC due to employee error - mistakes happen, no big deal but were extremely difficult to deal with to get the problem resolved. I’ll never do business there again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom