• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    I may have missed it somewhere in the posts but, what is the average round count by rifle and pistol for these matches?

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    This is a new match for us so we don't quite know yet. It won't be some scary huge number.

Rifle is probably in the 50 rounds no misses? A lot more will be known as we get closer and people start registering for the match.

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    This is a new match for us so we don't quite know yet. It won't be some scary huge number.

Rifle is probably in the 50 rounds no misses? A lot more will be known as we get closer and people start registering for the match.

I'm looking forward to it. As much as I'd like to shoot my WW2 rifles, 50 rounds of 30 cal. is a pretty pricey. I guess I'll be using my SKS. LOL

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    I'm looking forward to it. As much as I'd like to shoot my WW2 rifles, 50 rounds of 30 cal. is a pretty pricey. I guess I'll be using my SKS. LOL

Idk about you but with 7.62x39 prices now its actually cheaper or a wash for me to shoot 7.62x54r and .30-06. I'm pretty sure I'll be shooting .30-06 haha

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    Idk about you but with 7.62x39 prices now its actually cheaper or a wash for me to shoot 7.62x54r and .30-06. I'm pretty sure I'll be shooting .30-06 haha

I didn't realize they went up so much. I don't reload 7062X39 but, I have a bit on hand. I'll have to figure that one out. I'd like to see the round count a bit lower for the match, just to make it more affordable. I'm sure that will scare some shooters away from participating. Being a handloader helps.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    I didn't realize they went up so much. I don't reload 7062X39 but, I have a bit on hand. I'll have to figure that one out. I'd like to see the round count a bit lower for the match, just to make it more affordable. I'm sure that will scare some shooters away from participating. Being a handloader helps.

Once we get the stages all laid out we'll update with round counts. I also don't want to set up a bunch of stages and not get to shoot very much. I appreciate your thoughts on this though and if it seems like that's keeping people away then we'll adjust. I think 50 is a pretty safe number for upper limit.

Just remember less shooting = more running :D

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Kirkster you better be there then!

Sounds like a great time. I guess it's time to invest in some Web gear for the M1!

Yeah the US cartridge belts are actually a pretty well designed piece of equipment, I’ll probably be wearing one for the match

Hope we’ll see you and bhumbertson there

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    when will registration open? Or am I a day late and a dollar short?

Most likely April. We posted this to get a feel for if we had a solid interest group.

The match has been created in practiscore but I’ll be posting the link several days before we open and it’ll go out via here and the AGC Action Shooting email distribution when we open for real.

Stay tuned!

Captain Waggles

Jul 11, 2018
    Dundalk, MD
    I definitely want to attend work permitting. But I've read the mid-Atlantic multi gun rules and its says 9mm or above is allowed for handguns. Would the event allow say 7.62x25 only for this event?

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    I definitely want to attend work permitting. But I've read the mid-Atlantic multi gun rules and its says 9mm or above is allowed for handguns. Would the event allow say 7.62x25 only for this event?

We are updating with an addendum to the calibers. 7.62x25 will be allowed assuming commercial brand or guarantee of non armor piercing (shouldn’t be)

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Picked up a bayonet at York today for the match!

Attachments

• quicksquarenew_2021221214034849.jpg
      quicksquarenew_2021221214034849.jpg
      85.8 KB · Views: 185

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads