• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    They shoot real bowling pins at MPC in Frederick, and at only about 21'. You have to knock them completely off the table, even rimfires. While I can shoot them off the table with a Browning or a Ruger in about 2.5s on a good day there are a couple of guys in the club who can do under 3s with a semi-auto centerfire pistol every now and then. The ones they use at AGC, the metal pins, they put up for practice in the winter.
    Pretty sure the AGC pins are the same size and shape as real bowling pins.

10 pins completely off table is what I'm used to, think they are 25' away, the pins sit back about 12" or so
    from the front edge, and about 2.5' from the back, you gotta knock em all the way off the table. Have a pin
    gun ole Clark 1911 used to use the Speer 200gr. Flying ashtrays. We're going back some years was a member
    of the MPC, my job schedule put the halt to it,was a great club, anyway I enjoyed it then, also used a H&G 68 type
    on them. You want something thats gonna "bite" in and not glide off.

-Rock

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Yes .40 or bigger for autos and .357Mag or larger for revolvers. For CF the pins are placed about 4-6" from the FRONT of the tables and rimfire 6" from the rear of the tables. I am going to MPC on Sat. to use my CO USP-C with the .40 barrel in it for pins. Have to re-zero my red dot as its set for my 357Sig load which shoots a lot flatter than .40.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    MPC held its first of the 2022 season last Saturday, the 26th. Next one is scheduled for Saturday, April 16th.

I shot six relays with my 'vintage' P220 and stunk-up all but one of them, which wasn't any surprise since I hadn't practiced in about five months. I want to start shooting .22 again.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Sanners Lake, in Southern Maryland, runs a monthly pin match. Last Saturday of the month.

It's slightly different rules. 21 feet to the table, and pins are set one foot from the front or one foot from the back, depending on caliber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom