• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Held my birthday dinner at Fisherman's Inn on Sunday. I had a great risotto of crab, lobster, and shrimp for $31.99. Patty had a stuffed Rockfish Chesapeake (crab and Smithfield ham), We also had two oyster appetizers (Queen Anne Style, Oysters Rockerfeller), a cocktail each and dessert. Great food, great service, and a lovely view!

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Since you’re in southern PG, Galazio Restaurant in La Plata shouldn’t be very far.
    Predominantly Mediterranean food.
    You just have to get over the fact it’s in an old Pizza Hut. They did a great job of decorating the interior. Outdoor seating as well :D
    https://galaziorestaurant.com/

The same family also runs a Brazilian Steakhouse in Waldorf - Lucianna’s. I enjoyed when first opened, but I haven’t been back in a year due to pandemic. They first closed down for COVID, but returned with a reduced menu a few months in.
    https://luciannas.com/

Right on 214 in Davidsonville is Harvest Thyme Tavern. It’s a farm to table restaurant with a nice wine selection. Menu selection changes frequently with what’s in season or available.
    ****As a bonus per se, our favorite female competitive eater, Molly Schuyler, bartends here ;)
    https://harvestthymetavern.com/

If you like Latin food, I would highly suggest JesseJays Latin Inspired Kitchen in Churchton. They opened in 2019 and it immediately became my favorite local place. They just reopened sit down dining (inside and out), but were crazy busy with takeout through the entire pandemic. I would bet they actually did more business than regular.
    I’m sure getting voted as having best tacos in the state by Yelp, with shoutout from Chef Rick Bayless, helped as well. This is where we held my wife’s 50th, pre-pandemic.

I was sad when my favorite biker/dive bar, The Swamp Circle Saloon shut down. But I honestly can say it was worth it for this little gem to take its place :thumbsup:
    https://www.jessejays.com/

MaierApril

Oct 17, 2017
    If you don't mind doing the drive to Baltimore, Woodberry Kitchen is a really good option.

You mentioned Korean bbq...if you want to do all you can eat, Iron Age in Rockville is a good option.Don't do the one in Catonsville, they purposely use lower quality ingredients and cuts.

If you want to do quality cuts of meat, Shin Chon down the street is good, but its not all you can eat.

Columbia has Stanford Grill that does good steaks and Victoria Gastro Pub does good Duck Fat Fries.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Thanks for the rec's gents. Keep in mind that wherever we go, it'll be takeout (a whole family of introverts...lol).

I don't really want to go to B'more. We lived in Locust Point for years...way before it became "Locust Point" <---- to be said with teeth clenched like Thurston Howell III.

When we go up to PA, we still stop in our old 'hood for lunch at Hull St Blues.

But given the current "climate", I think a lot of cities will be sporty this summer, so I'm not hip on going to most of them...let alone taking my kids.

Anyway, keep the rec's coming.

soco

May 21, 2012
    I like Lures in crownsville a lot, but really you need to be aware of how the particular food will travel. Lots of restaurants have excellent food that will be "meh" if it sits in a container for 30 minutes while you drive home.

Alternatively, outside seating or setting up a table and chairs on a nice evening in a nearby park might help alleviate this?

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Royal Taj (Columbia)

The Prime Rib (Baltimore)

Tio Pepes (Baltimore)

Bygone (Baltimore)

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Tagliata is pretty much hands down one of the best restaurants in Baltimore. It's pricey but it's sure to impress the misses.

https://www.tagliatarestaurant.com/

I wanted to like Bygone so much but I had two back to back bad experiences. I go their for cocktails and views. Tagliata is right across the street so it makes a good little evening-hop with the lady.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Oh and if none of you have tried Ekiben, man you are missing out! It's counter serve steam buns, but it's legit the best friend chicken sandwich you may ever have. Their tempura broccoli is also incredible.

Started by two of my fellow UMBC brethren.. good peeps.

One location in Hamden and one location in Upper Fells.

Pretty sure you have to order online right now but it's well worth it.

accokeek

MDS Supporter
    Mar 4, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    Restaurant recommendation

A decided +1 for Harvest Thyme in Davidsonville, but since you are in Southern PG consider crossing the river and trying Cedar Knoll in Alexandria. Good food and a great view of the River

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom