• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sloopjonb

Feb 5, 2016
    Escapee

My wife and I have playfully talked about moving to TN depending on how the next few years play out here in MD. The grass just keeps getting greener...

Left there from Chillum in 74 my Dad was straping out his incoming power, something electricians know about, to lower his bill after Pepco or the state added a piggy back tax on the electric bill. Then DC was talking about bussing kids from Maryland into DC and I wasn't having my kids going to school with animals. I then packed up my family and moved to Tennessee, right in the middle of it and left those problems behind. Even back then everyone here had a pistol in the glove box just for general purposes and popping coyotes. There are still no Baltimores close by unless you count Memphis way at the other end of the state.

Woodnickel

Mar 28, 2013
    East TN
    High five!

TN welcomes freedom-loving contributors to the greater good.

I bring 2 current and another 2 soon to be solid votes for freedom. A large part of choosing our new state was just how red it was and likelihood of it flipping blue in my lifetime.

Nov 13, 2020
    Tenn

My wife and I have playfully talked about moving to TN depending on how the next few years play out here in MD. The grass just keeps getting greener...

My family moved up north from McMinn County. Now that I'm retired, I've been thinking about moving to Tenn, because its one of the states that don't tax our hard pensions.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    What areas have you been looking at? My wife seems stuck on this area but I like to keep my options open in case she gives in some day. I thought Maryville looked pretty nice.

I honestly don't know enough to answer this question, I have some research to do if we get serious. Would definitely prefer to be close to the mountains, so somewhere between Knoxville and Chattanooga, I'll definitely check-out Maryville. Would love to find some nice rural acreage near a small town.

I actually came back to this thread to post another win for the Volunteer State:

Tennessee bans critical race theory in schools

Tennessee state legislature passed a bill to ban critical race theory in all its public schools. Next, the bill will be signed by Governor Bill Lee.

State legislators prohibited curriculum and materials that include or promote that “one race or sex is inherently superior,” “an individual by virtue of the individual’s race or sex is inherently privileged, racist or oppressive” and or “an individual should be discriminated against.”

The bill also prohibits the teaching of concepts like “moral character is determined by the individual’s race or sex” and “an individual, by virtue of their race or sex bears responsibility for actions committed in the past by other members of the same race or sex.”

Roksfr

Ardent Safety Training
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 14, 2020
    Southern AA
    I have several buddies who retired to TN and love it. Having moved there from the People Republic of MD they are thrilled by the freedoms they experience when purchasing things that go boom. Some counties are dry, and others have no alcohol sales on Sunday. And fresh water is a whole lot easier on your boat, likely leading to fewer accidents than we see here on the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom