• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    It looks like I am going to be visiting Lewes frequently from now on. My girlfriend bought a small vacation house in Lewes last December so I am going to have to spend time there. We will be there for the 4th of July weekend.
    Could you all recommend good places to eat, drink and generally neat things to do there? Guess I will figure it out over time but some pro tips would be appreciated. The house is a couple blocks inland from the Lewes inlet and about 1-1/2 mile from downtown.
    Thanks.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    We used to eat at an Irish pub in Lewes that had Bangers and Mash and other pub type food.

Cape Henlopen State Park is great. There's a nice beach with a bath house, lifeguards, and snack bar. There are miles of open, unguarded beach. There is surf fishing and a fishing pier. There are miles of dense woods and swamp. There is a museum demonstrating the role of Fort Miles in the coastal defenses during WWII. Some of the sand dunes are actually disguising artillery emplacements, and you can check out the huge magazines behind the campground.

Also sex under the pine trees.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Nice little, down home breakfast joint there, well as of nov ‘19.

The hunt guys just dragged us there. Good food.

Edit: lemon tree restaurant

416 E Savannah Rd, Lewes, DE 19958

Last edited:

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Touch of Italy is good Italian food. Striper Bites is good too. I've heard good things about Agave as well. On The Rocks is a neat spot, the food is okay.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    There’s a “pub” in the Hotel Rodney that is more of a “gastropub”. Decent pint served. Also up the street towards the highway is the Crooked Hammock Brewery. They’ve got great food and plenty of IPAs along with my Guinness. At the end of the canal is the “Irish” pub IrishEyes. More of a sports bar than pub but the foods good and so is the beer.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Keep in mind about the price of restaurant meals in general is that you will be paying "beach price" since they can't tell if you are local or tourist.

Not that they give you a discount as a local either. :lol:

Mightydog gave you good recommendations. I would throw in Tokyo Steakhouse for sushi and Asian food. It is not too far from Lewis heading toward Rehoboth.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Dont forget they are doing the 4th of July fireworks on the 3rd in Rehoboth and Lewes this year and where in Lewes are you going to be? Wife and I travel alot to Rehoboth and Lewes as well.

and Dewey on the 4th.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    Bethany blues is good
    El azteca is good also
    Dirty dicks
    Pretty much, if it is t a chain and has lasted more than 3 years, it’s a decent place to eat

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Bethany blues is good
    El azteca is good also
    Dirty dicks
    Pretty much, if it is t a chain and has lasted more than 3 years, it’s a decent place to eat

That's Crabby Dick's

Though you can probably find a lot of Dirty Dicks in Rehoboth Beach and Lewes too

bmonast

Feb 1, 2011
    Gamber, MD
    Kindle and Irish Eyes depending on the mood. Fish On is pretty good too but out closer to Rt. 1. Been to Matt's (why pay less) Fish Camp, expensive in my opinion for what you get but they do have Ipswich Fried Clams on the menu (full clam with the belly, not rubbery strips). Our regular go to place is Po Boys Creole in Milton.

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Out of everything mentioned I have already tried Agave (great food). I have also been to place with warf in the name that was up the canal from Irish eyes.
    I will give some of the other suggestions a try.
    Thanks

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Yellow Fins in Longneck

Taco Reho - Best Tacos and Burritos. Soon to be opening a brick and mortar restaurant in addition to their truck.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    Is Grotto Pizza still good? There's on in Lewes...

My wife likes Grotto's a lot.

I have not been to Lewes in years, but my favorites were down the road in Rehoboth: the Dogfish Head Brewpub and Big Fish Grill.

Kick n' Chicken is in Lewes and had good tenders if you're getting take-out

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    Not a restaurant, but there is a small grocery store called "Lloyd's Market" on Savannah Rd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom