• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    I put a cheap rubber but pad on my M-38. Makes a world of difference! MN's are short stocked, smaller people and HEAVY clothing need short stocks. With the extended pad, the MN can shoulder properly, and kicks softer than a 30-06.
    My M-38 is the one that gets thrown in on range trips, the one that is there in case everything turns to crap. When whatever else quits, the M-38 just WORKS!

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    As much as I hate communism and all it stands for and represents...if it wasn't for the sacrifices of the Russians, Hitler would have been able to deploy millions more soldiers on the western front. Defeating Hitler would have been exponentially more difficult, taken far longer and most likely gone nuclear. The Brits were already scraping the bottom of their manpower barrel and defeating Japan would have taken longer as many of our forces would have been redirected to Europe.

Of all the mistakes Hitler made...one of the worst was attacking the Soviets. He signed his own death warrant doing so...not that that's anything to be sorry about.

dweissman

Mar 23, 2020
    Also the Soviets beat the Nazis almost despite themselves - that is, despite Stalin. Stalin's purges of the Red Army officer corps during the '30s weakened it significantly, and central planning's endemic supply issues meant that the army was not well equipped when the war started. They had solid equipment - not just Mosins but tanks like the T-34 and KV-1 - but not enough of them.

Stalin's collaboration with Hitler in invading Poland certainly didn't help preparedness; Stalin actually refused to believe the initial news of the invasion (Stalin believed spy plane reports of German troops massing on the border was British propaganda) and he hid in his dacha for several days while the Germans gained ground.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Churchill had intelligence that Hitler was about to invade the Soviet Union and gave it to Stalin. Stalin's own agent in Tokyo...Richard Sorge...also learned of the attack and told Stalin who refused to believe all the intelligence and evidence. Dictators gonna dictate...they believe what they want and their own people suffer the consequences...as well as others who suffered under their megalomania.

Ukrainian might

Feb 26, 2021
    I still just throw a pad on to make it slightly more comfortable, but mosins are great! I love my polish m44

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    All this talk of Russia and Mosin Nagants makes me want to dig out my 1926 ex-Dragoon. At least someone told me it was an ex-Dragoon. Not sure how you determine that. Still, pretty impressive firearm when you pull the trigger. It does kick like a mule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom