• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedfreak

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 16, 2021
    Nice job. Anyone want to bet that the dems didn't all exit when Rep. Boebert got up to speak?

They have to leave, otherwise they risk having their demons cast out!

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    This kind of political performance feels good for high-fives within our base, but isn't effective governance. This belongs on social media or tv shows. Congress SHOULD be a place for adults to rationally debate policies for the good of the nation. Clap-back performance politics isn't great if you're interested in the strength and unity of our nation.

That all ended with: "The 1980's called...they want their foreign policy back" in a Presidential debate. But I do agree with you.

So, it's depressing that this kind of stuff is what goes on in congress, but it's probably ultimately good if our side has people capable of dishing it back to dems if it is going to exist.

Also agree with you.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    When members of the House of Representatives gives those speeches, it's usually in front of an empty or nearly empty chamber. They're called "Special Order" speeches and are conducted at the end of the day after legislatives duties are finished and most have left. Both sides do it...it's generally done for the consumption of their constituents and political supporters. Rarely are substantial numbers of members of the opposing party present to hear it.

That doesn't take away from the substance of Rep. Boebert said...just that Nancy Pelosi and other Dems were not around to hear it live.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    This kind of political performance feels good for high-fives within our base, but isn't effective governance. This belongs on social media or tv shows. Congress SHOULD be a place for adults to rationally debate policies for the good of the nation. Clap-back performance politics isn't great if you're interested in the strength and unity of our nation.

Well, the House has a tradition of rowdiness and bad behavior, going back centuries. I'd like to see some real brawls, with congressmen beating each other with sticks again. The Bladensburg dueling grounds should be watered with the blood of our elected officials again, except they've all eschewed fighting over their honor, as it is demonstrably non-existent.

Imagining that performance politics was ever conducted in a rarefied, gentlemanly fashion is a fine thing, but it mainly exists in the imagination. The only reason we don't see more vulgar acting-out by these folks is due to the well-greased corruption machinery. All the really nasty stuff happens behind closed doors these days. No one in Congress wants a visual record of these transactions.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Well, the House has a tradition of rowdiness and bad behavior, going back centuries. I'd like to see some real brawls, with congressmen beating each other with sticks again. The Bladensburg dueling grounds should be watered with the blood of our elected officials again, except they've all eschewed fighting over their honor, as it is demonstrably non-existent.

Imagining that performance politics was ever conducted in a rarefied, gentlemanly fashion is a fine thing, but it mainly exists in the imagination. The only reason we don't see more vulgar acting-out by these folks is due to the well-greased corruption machinery. All the really nasty stuff happens behind closed doors these days. No one in Congress wants a visual record of these transactions.

For the record, I fully support bringing back duels in politics. It would make for an interesting weekend, and then we could get back to constitutional governance.

Attachments

• DC.jpg
      DC.jpg
      105.3 KB · Views: 251

FlyBy01

May 13, 2021
    Southern Maryland
    The post of the Democrats banging and yelling like idiots proves to me they have NO value to add to our society. Like 4 year olds who are not getting their pedofile ways. I go with the laws of nature: man+woman=making babies; no laboratory required.

RescueRyan

May 20, 2018
    I'd like to see Rep. Boebert challenge both AOC and Pelosi to a good, 'ol fashion duel! May the best American win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom