• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skinsfan

Apr 1, 2008
    Hello are these MD compliant....I am looking at the one with the 17 inch barrel..Also has anyone used one of these?....seems like a straightforward system and uses Glock mags(name sounds a bit silly)....I love my Ruger 9mm carbine,wish they had a 45...any help is appreciated

skinsfan

Apr 1, 2008
    yes,thanks...had vapor lock between the ears..."Just Right Carbines"...thanks very much for the correction

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Hello are these MD compliant....I am looking at the one with the 17 inch barrel..Also has anyone used one of these?....seems like a straightforward system and uses Glock mags(name sounds a bit silly)....I love my Ruger 9mm carbine,wish they had a 45...any help is appreciated

At 50 posts you get access to the Water Cooler. Congratulations. It only took you 13 years.

https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

skinsfan

Apr 1, 2008
    no more skins for me...in fact I have dropped the NFL completely....can't take all the protests...kneeling, name changes...maybe one day I will go back...been a fan for all my 57 years....as for the 45 carbine, it won't take +P ammo so I am going to pass....I will keep wishing that Ruger will bulk up their carbine to .45acp as I love mine....does anyone know of any similar arms?

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    no more skins for me...in fact I have dropped the NFL completely....can't take all the protests...kneeling, name changes...maybe one day I will go back...been a fan for all my 57 years....as for the 45 carbine, it won't take +P ammo so I am going to pass....I will keep wishing that Ruger will bulk up their carbine to .45acp as I love mine....does anyone know of any similar arms?

X2. If they go back, maybe I’ll go back.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    ....does anyone know of any similar arms?

I’ve owned a Rock River LAR in .40 cal for a tad under a decade now … based on my own experiences I’d avoid Rock River for anything pistol caliber carbine related. It won’t accept mil spec trigger assemblies and unless you are able to get one or two dozen mags at time of purchase you’re soon SOL …

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    The JRCs are very nice guns, easy to swap barrels too. Bought mine in 9 and ordered a conversion kit from the maker.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I thought about buying a JRC when shopping for a pistol-caliber carbine. Ended up with a Ruger PCC in 9mm from an IP on here, who didn't carry JRC due to manufacturing issues on the first-generation models. I think they're on their 3rd generation now and those 1st gen issues seemed to be squared away now from what I read at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom