• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    "Or maybe they raised the prices so that people would not buy to hoard. Just those that really needed it would buy it."

Molly's motivation for their obscenely raised prices is to protect their customers from hoarding? You're just kidding right????

PS - I'm done with this thread.

410scotts

Mar 2, 2021
    Columbia, MD
    Midway's been posting a variety of primers for the past week or so. They don't last too long but they've been doing a good job of spreading them out at different times. Was able to place an order for SPP, SRP & LRP this morning.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Large rifle is the only thing where I don't have as many as I'd like, but I'm ok with that for now - I don't have much I even can reload for large rifle, so I'll have more than I need for now.

In general, I've seen more reloading components pop up in the last few days than I've seen since this shortage started, so it looks like things are starting to calm down some.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Molly’s has had primers at that price throughout the pandemic. I understand free markets so spare me the lecture. I also understand businesses Price gouging. My point is they didn’t pay more they just increased their margin because they could much like selling an umbrella during a rain storm. I’ve spent tons of thousands there and will never enter their door again. Do they care-probably not but I’ll feel better about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Molly’s has had primers at that price throughout the pandemic. I understand free markets so spare me the lecture. I also understand businesses Price gouging. My point is they didn’t pay more they just increased their margin because they could much like selling an umbrella during a rain storm. I’ve spent tons of thousands there and will never enter their door again. Do they care-probably not but I’ll feel better about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I bought powder, but I refused to buy primers from places like Sportsman's Warehouse who was gouging at like $100-$110/brick. In fact, I have not purchased one single primer from a retailer since this started. I bought some primers from a guy selling off stock to use the money to travel, but only what I felt I needed to get me through to (hopefully) better times.

I paid more than I wanted to, but way less than it would have cost me on the open market, and especially considering hazmat fees from online retailers.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    FYI - At Bass Pro in Hanover as of 9:30 this morning.

UPDATE: All of the CCI #200 primers are gone now

Attachments

• PXL_20210722_133151975.jpg
      PXL_20210722_133151975.jpg
      88.3 KB · Views: 369

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Honestly this picture is the reminder of, "why Federal? Why do you have to make your primer packaging SO huge compared to everyone else?"

Sigh. I won't discuss how many primers I have as I don't want jealousy or be murdered for them, but I have 2x more primers from other manufacturers than I have Federal, but the Federal takes up as much or more space than all of the rest. :sad20:

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie

I was in Bass Pro last night doing some fact finding on premium coolers, but I swung over to the reloading and ammo section to see what was there.

No primers - according to the gentleman I spoke with, what they get goes out the door in a hurry.

However, I saw more available ammo than I've seen since this started. There were even cases of .223 - I haven't seen that much ammo in there in a long time. I've got what I need so I didn't buy anything, but it was nice to know that I could if I needed to.

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    I was in Bass Pro last night doing some fact finding on premium coolers, but I swung over to the reloading and ammo section to see what was there.

No primers - according to the gentleman I spoke with, what they get goes out the door in a hurry.

However, I saw more available ammo than I've seen since this started. There were even cases of .223 - I haven't seen that much ammo in there in a long time. I've got what I need so I didn't buy anything, but it was nice to know that I could if I needed to.

How was the shotgun ammo supplies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom