• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Fallston Wal-mart looks like like it will be carrying even less ammo. Their Ammo case now is full of Hoppe's cleaning kits. What Ammo they have left is relegated to a couple shelves at the bottom of the ammo case which now contains the aforementioned cleaning kits.

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    From what is was told the Fallston store was one one the largest stores that moved a tremendous amount of ammo compared to other Walmarts. I have no way to confirm this is , it is what was told to me from an employee.
    I just think do to supply right now I guess they are going to use as much space as possible to move other items .
    Until that day that the supply can keep up with demand. God only knows when that will be !:sad20:

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    A few years ago I worked at WalMart over winter break... They seemed to have a "they won't buy it if they can't see it" strategy, so if something was sold out they'd fill the space with other stuff that was in stock.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    just think about how many hundreds of people look in that case every day. if you put a product in front of them they might just buy something.

I saw them sell an entire case of tula 7.62x39 with the 3 bix limit per person in 20 minutes.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    just think about how many hundreds of people look in that case every day. if you put a product in front of them they might just buy something.

I saw them sell an entire case of tula 7.62x39 with the 3 bix limit per person in 20 minutes.

I was there when they got some .223 a couple weeks ago. People crawled out of the woodwork to get on line. It was gone in no time.

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    Bass pro in Anne Arundel Mills did the same thing with their wooden ammo display. They can't just leave the shelves empty.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    This is how rumors get started. Unless someone from Walmart says the company or store is discontinuing ammo sales, why bring it up? As previously mentioned, retail stores don't do well with empty space. It looks bad and doesn't make any money. They're probably filling it up with product they have and could sell. Standard business practice. Let's deal with facts, not unsubstantiated heresay, there's already plenty of that around.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I was in there on Friday and talked to 2 guys working in that department. They said the ammo shipments are coming in separately from everything else and being kept in the back until first thing in the morning. They said the best time to try was around 7AM to see if anything came in the night before.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    This is how rumors get started. Unless someone from Walmart says the company or store is discontinuing ammo sales, why bring it up? As previously mentioned, retail stores don't do well with empty space. It looks bad and doesn't make any money. They're probably filling it up with product they have and could sell. Standard business practice. Let's deal with facts, not unsubstantiated heresay, there's already plenty of that around.

Maybe I am missing something about grammar but my thread title ended in a question mark not an exclamation point.

As to the the whole having stock coming in, I would really call BS. I spent 10 years working in box stores and unless something had lead times of several months you would not remove their spot in the store to put something else in its place. Ammo right now occupies 2 shelves 2 feet long, mostly .410, and a few hunting calibers everything else is now Hoppes cleaning kits. Given there was no one in sporting goods my take from my years in retail is an aisle re-design is not an impulsive thing.

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    A few years ago I worked at WalMart over winter break... They seemed to have a "they won't buy it if they can't see it" strategy, so if something was sold out they'd fill the space with other stuff that was in stock.

That is still correct today. My mom has worked for Walmart for almost 18 yrs. If there is a hole, they will fill it with other product until the stuff thats supposed to be there comes in.

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    I was in there on Friday and talked to 2 guys working in that department. They said the ammo shipments are coming in separately from everything else and being kept in the back until first thing in the morning. They said the best time to try was around 7AM to see if anything came in the night before.

Hey Buddy if you need something specific let me know I may have it already . I plan on stopping by a few times a week. And If you see any 308 Winchester I think it was around 19-20 bucks a box pick some up for me . I need 5 boxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom