• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BunkerKing

5.56 ammo horder. . .
    Jun 5, 2012
    Land of the O's
    so after using my stark grip for a few months i've realized that I hate the integrated trigger guard, which I thought was a cool idea at the time of purchase. I like the grip, the reduced angle and also the slight palm swell. but after shooting for a few hours last summer I had small blisters between my index and middle fingers (even with gloves on). Also, the rubberized coating wore off within days. so as I was about to throw it in the trash I had an idea.... let me know what you guys think, good or bad.

and for all the safety Nazi's, there is no BCG in the rifle at the time the photo was taken.

blackseven

Regular Guy
    Aug 30, 2011
    I have the same grip and feel the same way as you do. I'm about to swap to a magpul MIAD grip, but that's a really good idea.

What'd you use to do the stippling on the grip?

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Looks cool man. I agree. The build in trigger guard looks pretty stupid. I like that grip a lot now. I love the flared bottom and the stippling.

BunkerKing

5.56 ammo horder. . .
    Jun 5, 2012
    Land of the O's
    Not too shabby, but stock I think they deserve the nickname "grip of shame".

Haha, that's one reason I wanted to take it off. But as you can see, no "shame" here. I can't count how many times I was asked "hey man, I see your using a stark, did you break the.." NO! I didn't. Lol

Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    and for all the safety Nazi's, there is no BCG in the rifle at the time the photo was taken.

Not sure I follow. What's wrong with taking a photo of your rifle while the BCG is installed? Live rounds I can understand, but the BCG is an integral part of the weapon.

Edit: Disregard. I see. You have live rounds in the magazine. That explains it.

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2

BunkerKing

5.56 ammo horder. . .
    Jun 5, 2012
    Land of the O's
    Not sure I follow. What's wrong with taking a photo of your rifle while the BCG is installed? Live rounds I can understand, but the BCG is an integral part of the weapon.

Edit: Disregard. I see. You have live rounds in the magazine. That explains it.

it was the mag I keep in my nightstand, all my others were in my range bag. :innocent0 so I just grabbed it for the pic. but removed the BCG. no worries.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    frankly i dont see any problem with even taking a picture with the mag loaded and a round chambered...its just as safe so long as you are...beyond that, i dont get it when people on youtube and stuff freak about guns being pointed at the camera or live guns being handled...its not like a round is going to come through your screen...lol

BunkerKing

5.56 ammo horder. . .
    Jun 5, 2012
    Land of the O's
    frankly i dont see any problem with even taking a picture with the mag loaded and a round chambered...its just as safe so long as you are...beyond that, i dont get it when people on youtube and stuff freak about guns being pointed at the camera or live guns being handled...its not like a round is going to come through your screen...lol

I feel the exact same way.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I dunno, just having you tell me there is no BCG in the gun doesn't mean there isn't one. God knows how many children were in danger during this photo shoot. :sarcasm:

Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    it was the mag I keep in my nightstand, all my others were in my range bag. :innocent0 so I just grabbed it for the pic. but removed the BCG. no worries.

No worries. Wasn't trying to bust your balls. I'm not a fan of internet gun Nazi's neither. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom