• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    I decided that I wanted a magazine fed open fun gun for competing. *This division seemed to be dominated by saiga shotguns. *I am just not a fan of AK platform. *I love the AR platform. *So, I was excited when the MKA 1919 came out. *They lacked much aftermarket support for a while and I wanted all the niceties that aftermarket saigas were making popular. *I saw what Firebird Precision had planned for them and got in line for a Tac12 along with a mix of 5, 10, and 15 round mags after talking with them a lot. *As a bonus, they take the same Invector chokes as my SLP. *I threw an Eotech XPS2-2 on top. *I can't wait to get it out for a test run.
    • Disconnector (by Firebird Precision)
    • Pistol Grip (Ergo® Pistol Grip)
    • Trigger (USA/Mil-Spec)
    • Muzzle Device (Choke)
    • Hammer (by Firebird Precision)
    • Firebird Precision Handguard with Extended Charging Handle
    • Anti-Walk Pins
    • Handguard Retention Nut
    • MKA-1919 XN Upper Receiver with Picatinny Rail
    • Firebird Precision TAC-12 Billet Machined Lower Receiver
    • Firebird Precision Entry-Length Blade Stock (11.5in Pull)

20131004_182436_zps5a634c7b.jpg

20131004_182425_zps33d1c129.jpg

20131004_182407_zpsb62153cd.jpg
    Sent from my Galaxy S®III

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    I ran Remington and Federal cheap stuff out of it. 50 rounds so far with no issues other than the last round hold open not catching. That looks to be a mag issue.

What is funny is that the action seems slower than my SLP but the shots seem faster. I plan on a side by side comparison with a timer soon.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I ran Remington and Federal cheap stuff out of it. 50 rounds so far with no issues other than the last round hold open not catching. That looks to be a mag issue.

What is funny is that the action seems slower than my SLP but the shots seem faster. I plan on a side by side comparison with a timer soon.

Sounds good. Are you keeping the SLP?

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Yeah. I love that shotgun. It is not going anywhere. This was one of those "I just had to have one" purchases. For the really local matches, I'm going to be faster with the SLP for a while. They set things up so that they are not super open gun friendly. Low shot counts, lots of mandatory reloads, and today we shot six targets while only allowed to have 1 round in the gun at any time. I only brought 5 mags. I could have done it much faster with the SLP. Plus, I didn't have the EoTech zeroed. So I was searching some. Then I moved the sight the wrong way...doh. I still got 1st in open and 3rd overall with a brand new gun. It runs and I had a blast shooting it.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Allow me to bring this back from the dead. I was reading an article about the use of these guns for hell-hunting down in TX, and thought that it was a pretty cool shotty.

Stu, do you have any update on the gun? Anyone else have one of these?

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    One of my 3-man/3-gun teammates got an MK1919 built more than a year ago by someone in VA that customizes them for 3-gun competition that runs really sweet. I think it was $1800 including the price of the Mk1919 and all the mods for 3-gun. I have seen only 2 of those in 3-gun and both ran like the preverbial watch never skipping a beat, which I can't say often about the Saiga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom