• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scribe556

Apr 3, 2009
    Just got my HQL. I didn't want to at first to show non-support for the new system. However, I decided that if we don't support our gun dealers, the HQL system as likely designed will starve our dealers out of business.

I'll be buying my next few handguns at my local dealers. My girlfriend too.

I've been spreading the HQL word around the office with the guys I work with to get their cards. I'm also afraid that the HQL numbers will be used politically to say that we don't have enough people interested to support certain firearms activities...

I'm saying pay the fees, get your HQL, stand and be counted as an active firearms purchaser.

Thoughts?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    No. Just because a bunch of gun grabbing politicians down in Annapolis agreed to infringe on our 2nd amendment rights and implement an unconstitutional law, doesn't make it right. They created a ridiculous barrier to handgun ownership. Am sure they will be crying over the count of HQL's issued due to their budgetary plans for it being a profit center to help fund their outrageous allocations. At the same time, they'll be patting themselves on the back for damping handgun sales in the state.

There remains plenty to buy in gun shops without a HQL, we can support the shops without lining the pockets of Annapolis for them to squander with their progressive schemes.

Bet on one of both of these legislative actions this session:
    1. Raise the fee; due to shortfall
    2. Expand the requirements for HQL to become FQL, so it's needed for any purchase.

vinjet700

No one of significance
    Mar 1, 2013
    State of absolute disgust
    No. Just because a bunch of gun grabbing politicians down in Annapolis agreed to infringe on our 2nd amendment rights and implement an unconstitutional law, doesn't make it right. They created a ridiculous barrier to handgun ownership. Am sure they will be crying over the count of HQL's issued due to their budgetary plans for it being a profit center to help fund their outrageous allocations. At the same time, they'll be patting themselves on the back for damping handgun sales in the state.

There remains plenty to buy in gun shops without a HQL, we can support the shops without lining the pockets of Annapolis for them to squander with their progressive schemes.

I agree 100%, BUT I want another handgun :sad20:

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Just got my HQL. I didn't want to to at first to not support the new system. However, I decided that if we don't support our gun dealers, the HQL system as likely designed will starve our dealers out of business.

I'll be buying my next few handguns at my local dealers. My girlfriend too.

I've been spreading the HQL word around the office with the guys I work with to get their cards. I'm also afraid that the HQL numbers will be used politically to say that we don't have enough people interested to support certain firearms activities...

I'm saying pay the fees, get your HQL, stand and be counted as an active firearms purchaser.

Thoughts?

Agreed. This is what my wife and I are doing.

We wish to pursue new handgun ownership for the purposes of collecting, training and enjoyment. We will follow any legal means to do so.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Question to those of you that are onboard with the HQL... Did you participate in the mad rush to purchase prior to 10/1? Why? Was it for mag size? To my knowledge that was the only change that affected handguns (other than needing a HQL).

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Meh. No HQL here. Plenty of stuff to be had without it. Not having the HQL is my motivation to buy a second house in America and to bend heaven and earth to make it my primary residence. I'm tired of paying too many taxes in North Korea Part Deux. I'm doing everything conceivably possible to make sure I never pay one penny extra in tax revenue to MD, even if it costs me more money. Matter of principle. MD can bite it.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    I bought enough stuff before the ban to equate to 3-5 years of spending. With all the money these guys made in the mad rush, they should be able to weather the storm until this all gets taken to court in Feb.

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    might do it if a local gun store offered "one stop shopping" where i can get fingerprints done and complete the application and walk out waiting for my HQL number to be emailed to me.

but as stated above, plenty of other guns i can now focus on, particularily lever action rifles and C&R.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I am applying for my HQL once they pass the law that to vote you need to jump thru this many hoops . With as much ammo my wife shoots think the LGS is making out ok :)

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012

2. Expand the requirements for HQL to become FQL, so it's needed for any purchase.

:thumbsup:

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    I have my HQL and just purchased a new handgun. Having the HQL almost compels you to buy. So, if you aren't going to buy , don't get a HQL.

Interestingly, prices online have been dropping like rocks! They're not dropping far, but they are dropping, especially for used guns. Places like Hyatt Gun are getting nice "like new" trade-ins and you can get a great deal.

I think a lot of people over bought and are unloading guns they don't want. I know I'm one of those people. I have two Ruger P95s that I got this past year because of the price and 15-round mags, but only now want one. These are virtually untouched guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

Exactly this.

The state forced my hand in buying two handguns and an AR lower that I had no intention of owning yet. Thousands of other Marylanders did the same and bought even more.

The way I see it, the more people getting the HQL, the easier time the State will have in courts defending the practice of licensing a civil right.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    The HQL is def an infringement of the 2nd amendment rights of Marylanders so I can't blame anyone who refuses to get one.

The intent of the HQL was to stop the sale of handguns in Maryland, thus depriving new generations of Marylanders a form of self defense protected by the Supreme Court. I can't blame anyone who gets an HQL to defy this.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Question to those of you that are onboard with the HQL... Did you participate in the mad rush to purchase prior to 10/1? Why? Was it for mag size? To my knowledge that was the only change that affected handguns (other than needing a HQL).

First, let me say I am not "onboard" with the HQL. I do have my HQL. I like handguns and wish to continue adding them to my collection. I do not have much of an interest in C&R handguns. I did participate in the mad rush prior to 10/1. I purchased a lifetime supply of AR15 lowers. The why should be self explanatory.

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    As much as I want to get a Glock 19, I will not get a HQL. I will either wait for the outcome of the lawsuit or move to another state before I stoop down to this ******** law.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

I did participate due to the mag size. My wife participated due to the training req. I did get a HQL simply because I didn't want anything to come back and bite me when I picked up after 10/1. I can't take a chance with my employment. Even though my dealer would release without, it was my paranoia that made me get it.
    Other than the money grab from Omally, going through the process was no big deal to me. I have been fingerprinted half a dozen timed this year alone. My point is that if you have a C&R, CCW, NFA, etc., they already have your number . I do understand the license for right issue, but if you want to buy another HG, you have 2 choices, HQL or GTFO. I can't GTFO so some of us have to comply.
    The other point was already raised about supporting our LGS. Come on, what else is Vince going to do? :lol2:

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    You can still buy C&R handguns without the HQL, don't forget. So if you like the older stuff not having the license will not affect you

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    might do it if a local gun store offered "one stop shopping" where i can get fingerprints done and complete the application and walk out waiting for my HQL number to be emailed to me.

but as stated above, plenty of other guns i can now focus on, particularily lever action rifles and C&R.

Freestate will be doing fingerprints on jan 8th. They have a thread about it for more info.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I did participate due to the mag size. My wife participated due to the training req. I did get a HQL simply because I didn't want anything to come back and bite me when I picked up after 10/1. I can't take a chance with my employment. Even though my dealer would release without, it was my paranoia that made me get it.
    Other than the money grab from Omally, going through the process was no big deal to me. I have been fingerprinted half a dozen timed this year alone. My point is that if you have a C&R, CCW, NFA, etc., they already have your number . I do understand the license for right issue, but if you want to buy another HG, you have 2 choices, HQL or GTFO. I can't GTFO so some of us have to comply.
    The other point was already raised about supporting our LGS. Come on, what else is Vince going to do? :lol2:

Lol Vince is gonna tempt us as usual. (wish ForumRunner had the evil grin icon 8))

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom