• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    With what i have on hand...Id be tempted to say glock 19 but if shtf i know police up my way carry g22's so id prolly go with my g23 gen 4 and if i ran into a fallen officer or something (seeing as how shtf for whatever reason) I would be able to reload off the g22 mags and refill my mag in my gun as well.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I'll make a couple assumptions; you mean standard (normally comes with gun) magazine, no (rifles without stocks making them pistols), and no I'll take this gun because I'll be able to find ammo, mags and parts.

If that's the case, I'll go with capacity, PMR30 (30 rounds standard).

If it's ok to scavage ammo/etc, I'll go with Glock 19.

If anything goes, AR pistol with 100 round drum.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Glock wouldn't be my first choice but you said one fully loaded mag, I have factory 33rd mags. Rounds count more than brand loyalty. Definitely go for capacity.

If I was held to 20, Id go CZ, ergonomic, 100% reliable, best handgun I ever owned.

If capacity wasn't a factor, not sure I wouldn't pick up my ole P38, things as dead on instinctive as they get. 8rds would certainly crimp my style though!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    So hard to pass up a rifle if really bugging out, but AR or AK pistols would be a nice alternative (that I don't have).

I would go with this, if I had one.

But I do have this, so...

Funny. I was thinking the opposite. Maybe it's the grass is greener syndrome.

I have the 5.7, but if I had a Glock 17 with a 33rd mag, I might pick it first. The 5.7 has the advantage of being light with a flatter shooting round. There are also 30-rd mags for the 5.7 (that I never bothered to get). But, if you only have one handgun, the weight issue isn't a biggie, and being able to scavenge other people's ammo might be nice.

Thus, my best current choice would be a Walther PPQ in 9mm with a 17-rd mag.

I'll make a couple assumptions; you mean standard (normally comes with gun) magazine, no (rifles without stocks making them pistols), and no I'll take this gun because I'll be able to find ammo, mags and parts.

If that's the case, I'll go with capacity, PMR30 (30 rounds standard).

If it's ok to scavage ammo/etc, I'll go with Glock 19.

If anything goes, AR pistol with 100 round drum.

The PMR-30 was on "sale" a few days ago at Target USA for $450, which is actually a good price recently. Just a couple years back, they were running between $300-350, but now a days up to $600 isn't uncommon. Apparently, the CMR-30, the carbine which uses a common mag with the PMR-30, shipped in small batches in November and immediately sold out.

Coffee

Jan 12, 2009
    Odenton
    If I have time to grab one handgun, I have time to grab a long gun instead.

But, if I'm playing by the rules, definitely an AR pistol.

If I'm playing by the spirit of the thread, I only have one pistol in the traditional sense: a 9mm PX4 Storm.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Definitely a phased plasma pistol in the 40 watt range...:innocent0
    ...but I would have to see if Lou45 has one in stock...

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Worried about the trade off of 33 rounds in a Glock BUT it's 9mm?

Get the Kriss Vector 28 round mag for the Glock 21 in .45.

Best of everything.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    So hard to pass up a rifle if really bugging out, but AR or AK pistols would be a nice alternative (that I don't have).

Funny. I was thinking the opposite. Maybe it's the grass is greener syndrome.

I have the 5.7, but if I had a Glock 17 with a 33rd mag, I might pick it first. The 5.7 has the advantage of being light with a flatter shooting round. There are also 30-rd mags for the 5.7 (that I never bothered to get). But, if you only have one handgun, the weight issue isn't a biggie, and being able to scavenge other people's ammo might be nice.

Thus, my best current choice would be a Walther PPQ in 9mm with a 17-rd mag.

The PMR-30 was on "sale" a few days ago at Target USA for $450, which is actually a good price recently. Just a couple years back, they were running between $300-350, but now a days up to $600 isn't uncommon. Apparently, the CMR-30, the carbine which uses a common mag with the PMR-30, shipped in small batches in November and immediately sold out.
    Since reading more about the 5.7 I've decided to change my mind, and stick with my Glock 17. You were right.:innocent0

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Glock with hi cap mag.

Attachments

• hicap.jpg
      hicap.jpg
      14.2 KB · Views: 192

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts