• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    Would like to find some wood furniture for my 590A1...did a search on on the various forums here and did find out some good info...mainly will a stock/fore end from a Mossberg 500 fit on a Mossberg 590A1...consensus seems to indicate they will. I've searched around and looked at Havlin Sales and Numeric for parts...Ebay too. Anybody have any recent experience to share regarding swapping out to wood? tks. s

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    Interested as well. I'm sure the stock does from a 500, I just want to make sure the fore end fits on the heavy barrel.

snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    I spoke with a gent with Havlin's Sales & Service this afternoon...he said that any 500 stock should fit but you would want a fore arm grip for the long slide action vice short. Said that there was no more Mossberg police wood to be had as far as he was aware. fwiw...s

Javantalith

Jan 18, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    I have had no trouble fitting anything on my 590A1 that was made for a 500 with the exception of a barrel shroud. The wall of the barrel is a bit thicker then the 500 so if you are dealing with a grip or shroud that has a close tolerance to the 500 barrel you may have to do some garage engineering or take it to a smith to make some adjustments as needed.

Good luck! Love mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom