• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Winchester

Jan 28, 2013
    Lutherville
    Hoping to enjoy some safe target practice today only to be harangued by some young sh%t, hot-headed range officer. Having just shot the center out of my target with my 9mm, this young idiot claimed that I hit a ceiling rafter by aiming to high. I told him to count the holes: 15 hits with a 15 round magazine. Trying, pathetically, to assert himself with a stern glare, he stated, forcefully, "don't shoot high." Then the little ______ stood behind me for five minutes. Seriously, who thinks hiring some 20 year old hot-head to be a range officer is a good idea? Yet another reason to swear-off that place (as if their ridiculous retail prices aren't bad enough!).

Temperament of a range officer is important. You can be assertive while still being calm, professional and polite. Two more things. Don't touch my weapon without asking and keep your "know-it-all" attitude to yourself too. You might be talking to someone who has five lifetimes worth of shooting experience. Soapbox: "DISMOUNT!"

Winchester

Jan 28, 2013
    Lutherville
    You should have filed a complaint.

I did say something when I paid-up and the person at the register apologized for the behavior. I was quite bothered by it as I don't appreciate having confrontations with people when everyone is armed. Gentlemanly behavior is never more important than at a live range.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    "Gentlemanly behavior is never more important than at a live range." <<~~~this does go both ways. i wasn't there, only heard your side of the story, so there is another side, and then there is the truth. i reminded someone to get his booger-hook of the trigger and keep the muzzle down range, politely, and was given the look of absolute disdain for my intrusion into his happy day. go figger.

Winchester

Jan 28, 2013
    Lutherville
    By contrast, one or two of the range officers at a nearby outdoor range have really impressed me. They maintain safety and control but do so respectfully.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Hoping to enjoy some safe target practice today only to be harangued by some young sh%t, hot-headed range officer. Having just shot the center out of my target with my 9mm, this young idiot claimed that I hit a ceiling rafter by aiming to high. I told him to count the holes: 15 hits with a 15 round magazine. Trying, pathetically, to assert himself with a stern glare, he stated, forcefully, "don't shoot high." Then the little ______ stood behind me for five minutes. Seriously, who thinks hiring some 20 year old hot-head to be a range officer is a good idea? Yet another reason to swear-off that place (as if their ridiculous retail prices aren't bad enough!).

Temperament of a range officer is important. You can be assertive while still being calm, professional and polite. Two more things. Don't touch my weapon without asking and keep your "know-it-all" attitude to yourself too. You might be talking to someone who has five lifetimes worth of shooting experience. Soapbox: "DISMOUNT!"

Wouldn't that make your gun 15+1 in chamber? :innocent0

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    It's best not to get butthurt and take something too personal. On the other hand, none of us were there and saw the range guy's demeanor.

GlockMafia

Glock and Sig!
    Jul 4, 2015
    Hazard County
    This is a sad trend at some ranges and shops...I've spoken to some of the shops / ranges about this and the typical response is "we can't afford experienced people".

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Just wait till an RO lays a hand on you. One did that to me. That sh!tbag should be happy I let him breathe without the assistance of ventilator. You don't lay a hand on somebody when they have a loaded firearm in their hands and they aren't doing anything wrong.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Not an RO, but a cashier at an indoor range in Severn somewhere. Several years ago. Totally condescending at check in, and even worse at check out. Two different occasions. I don't need to be insulted by a kid at a counter... that's what my friends and you guys are for! :lol2: I'll never go back. Plus, there were some sketchy folks hanging around the parking lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom