• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    One year...while shooting at Continental --- Management told me that some shooter shot one of the overhead fire sprinklers that were located downrange.
    He told me that the other shooters were all pissed-off and complaining about why the the range had to be shut down, because their was water all over the floor.:lol2:

Last edited:

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    One year...while shooting at Continental --- Management told me that some shooter shot one of the overhead fire sprinklers that were located downrange.
    He told me that the other shooters were pissed and complaining that the range had to be shut down, because their was water all over the floor.:lol2:

I wonder who would decide to install a sprinkler downrange?

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    Cupcheck! Are ballistic cups now required safety gear at AGC?

I sometimes use knee and elbow protection at AGC. I always carried a battle blade at AGC, when -- Homer {RIP}, the former range cat --- was not vaccinated for rabies. Later on...he finally received his vaccination shots.

A couple of years ago...one guest wore his Kevlar battle helmet, while at the AGC range.

A couple of the SRSO's @ AGC do open carry on AGC property.

abcabc

Nov 30, 2015
    I've only had one minor issue there. RO started hassling me because casings from my lever action were ejecting over my shoulder about six feet back. I responded "So?". Another RO spoke up and said to leave me alone.

In reference to an earlier post, regarding an RO just walking up and touching/handling somebody else's guns, that's a good way for the RO to get drawn on. Not a bright idea.

2 years ago there a RO raised his voice and started giving me crap for not having my bolt open on my gun and how it's for safety and how dangerous I was being, once he stopped I waved my hand at him with the bolt in my hand. He told me 'Oh, well don't you know that you only have to have the bolt open?" I replied with, yeah, but people here give me crap over the stupidest things so I thought this would be easiest/best.

This was while waiting in line outside of the firing area with my gun pointing straight up and slung over my back. I don't go there any more. I marked off 100 yards at my house and use that to sight everything in.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Do you discipline yourself?

Depends on what the rules are. :lol2:

At my friends backyard range, it would be a range rule RSO nazi's wet dream. Few of us with holstered handguns and slung long arms in different carry methods, one in the pipe, freedom of movement and moving targets (need at least 2 people there for that), drilling from sitting in a chair to shooting around impromptu walls, photo realistic "bad guy" targets to silhouettes.

Oh the horror, sounds so unsafe. Not really, we watch each other and if there is more than a couple people he invites usually one guy who is taking a break is the "Chief Range Master" dude or something.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    You want poor behavior, try visiting one of the private clubs that doesn't have range staff. Most of the time it's fine, but every once in awhile you get that one guy that just can't mind his own business. I don't care if you were at Ft Benning in '74, it doesn't make you an authority on every shooting topic.

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    Some years back...while during a range session at Continental --- I struck up a conversation with another shooter. I told him how pissed-off I was at then Governor Martin O'Malley, for signing the ban on the sale of bullet proof vests, here in Maryland --- since I'd probably be wearing one, if I had the chance to shoot at Continental again.

He told me to tap my finger on his stomach a couple of times --- Sure enough, to my surprise --- he was wearing a bullet proof ballistic vest, and he frankly told me --- that he would not shoot at Continental without wearing one.:lol2:

Times have since changed at Continental... what with the addition of a reputable{?} part time RSO, at their indoor range --- Though I haven't done any recent trigger time at Continental for years, since I spend the majority of my trigger time while outdoors at AGC.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    I was once at a range in Glen Burnie when I was kicked off the range before I signed in because I was not shooting a Sig so they knew I could not be a serious shooter and definitely didn't know how to clear a room because if I did then every gun in my R-bag would have been a Sig.

I would have called somebody on my cell phone to complain but old guy at the counter immediately began to choke and gag on his cheese steak when he saw my phone. I immediately performed the Heimlich Maneuver and saved his life but he still told me to GTFO with my cell phone loving, non-Sig carrying, room clearing wannabe ass.

Semi-True Story

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I was once at a range in Glen Burnie when I was kicked off the range before I signed in because I was not shooting a Sig so they knew I could not be a serious shooter and definitely didn't know how to clear a room because if I did then every gun in my R-bag would have been a Sig.

I would have called somebody on my cell phone to complain but old guy at the counter immediately began to choke and gag on his cheese steak when he saw my phone. I immediately performed the Heimlich Maneuver and saved his life but he still told me to GTFO with my cell phone loving, non-Sig carrying, room clearing wannabe ass.

Semi-True Story

I really don't know why anybody goes to that range.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I was once at a range in Glen Burnie when I was kicked off the range before I signed in because I was not shooting a Sig so they knew I could not be a serious shooter and definitely didn't know how to clear a room because if I did then every gun in my R-bag would have been a Sig. I would have called somebody on my cell phone to complain but old guy at the counter immediately began to choke and gag on his cheese steak when he saw my phone. I immediately performed the Heimlich Maneuver and saved his life but he still told me to GTFO with my cell phone loving, non-Sig carrying, room clearing wannabe ass. Semi-True Story

You showed up with a Glock?

JamesCanby

Apr 5, 2011
    Alexandria, VA
    I sometimes use knee and elbow protection at AGC. I always carried a battle blade at AGC, when -- Homer {RIP}, the former range cat --- was not vaccinated for rabies. Later on...he finally received his vaccination shots.

A couple of years ago...one guest wore his Kevlar battle helmet, while at the AGC range.

A couple of the SRSO's @ AGC do open carry on AGC property.

That's true.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Its nice having a range in my backyard. I have Steel Challenge in my backyard and we have a benchrest position at another pasture that allows shots to 500 yards depending on where the cattle are at the time. Don't get much better than that.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie

Semi-True Story

I've been there a few times, but after the last one really can't stomach it anymore despite how close it is. I purposely brought an empty magazine and sure enough this time he wanted to see my magazines so I showed him the one empty one. He always asks if you've ever been there before even if you were just there yesterday. This time it had been at least 6 months so he said that I had to read the rules. I asked if they have changed. His only reply was that I was required to read them. So I stared at the paper for an appropriate amount of time without reading a single word.

I will never understand the requirement for a 4 second shot delay at a place the rents automatics. All the talk a year or so ago of Wayne being gone is complete crap. He's still there along with his same demeanor.

Winchester

Jan 28, 2013
    Lutherville
    If this state wasn't so damned regulated, there would be more free-market, capitalist competition driving out all of the a$$holes. The demand for ranges is clearly high enough to support more of them but I don't blame entrepreneurs for not wanting to go through all of red tape to open either a range, a gun shop or both, but I wish more would anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom